3 New Booster Packs in the shop!

Need some fresh sounds? Want to show off your sound design skills? Here's the place!

eusti

09 Mar 2015

Oh, wow! Those are incredible deals as well!

Thanks for sharing!

D.

childofsaturn

09 Mar 2015

Wow, I just bought both guitar refills from Jiggery-Pokery and with the exchange rate, I spent almost $10 more than this refill's cost. And they're included in this refill. Sorry for my unenlightened post, but I'm venting because this royally sucks.

joeyluck

09 Mar 2015

childofsaturn wrote:Wow, I just bought both guitar refills from Jiggery-Pokery and with the exchange rate, I spent almost $10 more than this refill's cost. And they're included in this refill. Sorry for my unenlightened post, but I'm venting because this royally sucks.
Sucks only because of the timing. I own a few in each I paid full price for in the past. But on the bright side, if you ultimately are interested in the entire booster pack, you still save quite a bit!

Could you imagine if you just bought ALL of them recently before the bundle?

craven

09 Mar 2015

I still have to put the other two booster packs that I got to good use. I mean, it's great value if you use the refills (and I already have quite a few that are included in the new ones), but don't get fooled by the great offer - it's still 25€. I should make more music and use what I have before getting even more addicted to new gear. Overall, the booster packs are a great concept! 
:ugeek:

JNeffLind

09 Mar 2015

Great deals. Thanks for sharing. I'd been eyeing the JP organs.

eusti

09 Mar 2015

JNeffLind wrote:Great deals. Thanks for sharing. I'd been eyeing the JP organs.
This is the refill though, right? Not the REs... If that matters to you!

D.

Ronin

10 Mar 2015

This thread is about refills. There is a refill forum. You might imagine that it would be obvious, and yet this is in the general forum lol

anyway, looks like another great deal.

At Vero Eos

10 Mar 2015

childofsaturn wrote:Wow, I just bought both guitar refills from Jiggery-Pokery and with the exchange rate, I spent almost $10 more than this refill's cost. And they're included in this refill. Sorry for my unenlightened post, but I'm venting because this royally sucks.
Also my thoughts. I bought the guitars a few days ago, when their price was reduced. Now they are packed in the new ReFills...

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

I am sorry if people are upset about the Booster pack. I'd already said I do an update to the PerfGuitars in January to support R8, and decided to offer a half-price discount, as Jan/Feb are pretty slow for sales. So it was at the lowest price I've ever sold them at.

PH subsequently came to me and, in a fashion not entirely dissimiliar to the negotiating tactics of Don Corleone, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I use the term "negotiate" in a very broad sense: they don't really give you a choice because I know that my competitors are going to be included, so I can't recuse myself from being involved, or else I earn nothing. They all decided to be added for exactly the same reason.

£25 for those guitars is really very little money. I'm well aware I'll never sell another individually. The Booster packs are still excellent value for money even if you have one or two of the included products, regardless of who's they are. The included devs receive less then €2.50 per sale.

tiker01

10 Mar 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:I am sorry if people are upset about the Booster pack. I'd already said I do an update to the PerfGuitars in January to support R8, and decided to offer a half-price discount, as Jan/Feb are pretty slow for sales. So it was at the lowest price I've ever sold them at.

PH subsequently came to me and, in a fashion not entirely dissimiliar to the negotiating tactics of Don Corleone, they made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I use the term "negotiate" in a very broad sense: they don't really give you a choice because I know that my competitors are going to be included, so I can't recuse myself from being involved, or else I earn nothing. They all decided to be added for exactly the same reason.

£25 for those guitars is really very little money. I'm well aware I'll never sell another individually. The Booster packs are still excellent value for money even if you have one or two of the included products, regardless of who's they are. The included devs receive less then €2.50 per sale.
I hope at least on the top of the 2.5€/purchase they have given some cash to the refill makers.

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

ahs

10 Mar 2015

are these packs time limited ?

joeyluck

10 Mar 2015

ahs wrote:are these packs time limited ?
I wouldn't think so.  The ones released at the end of November remained in the shop at the same price.

electrochoc (PRX-A)

10 Mar 2015

Ronin wrote:This thread is about refills. There is a refill forum. You might imagine that it would be obvious, and yet this is in the general forum lol

I almost thought "Oops" when I saw this topic, because I just created a similar topic in the ReFills forum... I honestly thought nobody else saw those in the shop!

And yes! Incredible deals! Like the first Booster Packs were. The Retro Booster Pack contains Vocal Expression from Digital Sound Factory, which I bought in 2012 and which is by far the ReFill I've used the most since then (it fits so well with my style)... :)
This comment is provided courtesy of PRX-A!

joeyluck

10 Mar 2015

electrochoc wrote:
Ronin wrote:This thread is about refills. There is a refill forum. You might imagine that it would be obvious, and yet this is in the general forum lol

electrochoc wrote:
I almost thought "Oops" when I saw this topic, because I just created a similar topic in the ReFills forum... I honestly thought nobody else saw those in the shop!

And yes! Incredible deals! Like the first Booster Packs were. The Retro Booster Pack contains Vocal Expression from Digital Sound Factory, which I bought in 2012 and which is by far the ReFill I've used the most since then (it fits so well with my style)... :)
Yeah Oops on my part :crazy:  I forgot where I was! Like the good ol' PUF days when we only had a RE forum... We have a ReFill forum here!  

selig
RE Developer

10 Mar 2015

No problem, I'll move it but there's already a thread with almost the same exact name - wish I could merge threads… 
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

ohmygoff

10 Mar 2015

Unfortunately, I can't open the Guitar & Bass zip file on Win 8 (according to support there seems to be an issue indeed). How did you manage to access the refill content?

Grinder One

10 Mar 2015

ohmygoff wrote:Unfortunately, I can't open the Guitar & Bass zip file on Win 8 (according to support there seems to be an issue indeed). How did you manage to access the refill content?
Same for me on win 8.1. Once I had downloaded.. it said file is invalid. I still just right clicked and extracted files using winrar and although it reported two errors, it seems to all be there.
After that I downloaded again thinking the download may have corrupted but, the identical file is still invalid.

Mart.

JNeffLind

10 Mar 2015

I got the retro refill. It's pretty dope. Got some good old school synths with a very dated (though varied) sound as well as some great classic rock keys sounds on the organs. This makes for a very broad definition of retro and I like it.

tt_lab

10 Mar 2015

ohmygoff wrote:Unfortunately, I can't open the Guitar & Bass zip file on Win 8 (according to support there seems to be an issue indeed). How did you manage to access the refill content?
Grinder One wrote: Same for me on win 8.1. Once I had downloaded.. it said file is invalid. I still just right clicked and extracted files using winrar and although it reported two errors, it seems to all be there.
After that I downloaded again thinking the download may have corrupted but, the identical file is still invalid.

Mart.
Same here on a yosemited macbookproR

eusti

10 Mar 2015

JiggeryPokery wrote:I am sorry if people are upset about the Booster pack. I'd already said I do an update to the PerfGuitars in January to support R8, and decided to offer a half-price discount, as Jan/Feb are pretty slow for sales. So it was at the lowest price I've ever sold them at.

Just picked them up with this again! Good to have them twice! ;)

D.

eusti

10 Mar 2015

Grinder One wrote: Same for me on win 8.1. Once I had downloaded.. it said file is invalid. I still just right clicked and extracted files using winrar and although it reported two errors, it seems to all be there.

Mart.
tt_lab wrote: Same here on a yosemited macbookproR
Works fine here. Macbook Pro 13", Yosemite and Firefox 36.0.1.

D.

At Vero Eos

11 Mar 2015

To get it right: the JP Guitars are definitely worth the money. And with these packs like the booster ones it always happens, that you get something you already own. It was just a weird feeling, having bought the guitars just a few days/weeks ago on sale...

But i'm happy having supported JP for making great ReFills/RE, they are worth every penny. Will also buy them in the future and not wait until they get packed in some Boosters after years :)

Arsenic

11 Mar 2015

As far as the Retro booster Pack is concerned, I already have two of the included Refills from JP and Pink Noise's Deep Flight. I don't know how much mileage I'd get from the rest but to me, the cost of the pack is worth it just for JPs Retrospective - Even with PayPal's exchange rate, the whole pack comes in at just over half the cost of that Refill alone.

stratatonic

11 Mar 2015

If any of these six Booster Pack had been offered in the Reason 8 upgrade - would there have been more sales from the Reason 7 crowd?

How soon before Miroslav is offered as a 29 dollar Booster Pack?
Last edited by stratatonic on 25 May 2017, edited 1 time in total.

• Information