Goodnight Tokyo - a "Dropped" Collab

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Benedict
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2015

Hi All

I thought I'd see how the Discover collab thing worked. I liked this loop and made this piece called "Goodnight Tokyo" based on a loop by the same name by lisverb

http://phead.mu/s/TgpFnDf6

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

frog974new

17 Jan 2015

i imagine an other add somes vox others gigs on the tracks
nice track and collab

Benedict
Competition Winner

17 Jan 2015

Thanks guys. I didn't hink i left any space for anything but if there were a saxophone player...

@ Mr Alternative: we all knowses what happenses with the precious, it gets tossed into a pit and melted down. Not a good outcome for art ;)

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2015

I found this on Discover

http://discover.propellerheads.se/feeds ... f38c9ee0ec

Seems they are being quite choosy about what gets presented. Their call but it leaves me wondering if my 'take' was crap or too un-cool to be part of their agenda?  :?

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Some Desperate Glory

23 Jan 2015

I followed your link and tried to listen to the lisverb version.  The photo is of Dolores Park in San Francisco.  Why is this Swedish company so obsessed with San Francisco?  Are they just going for the hipster market?
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2015

Maybe that is it, one must love in SF to rate.

Thanks for explaining where that park is. Does seem a bit odd. I assumed it was Stockholm which would be far cooler (ti hi).

Benedict Roff-Marsh

Some Desperate Glory

23 Jan 2015

Benedict wrote:. I assumed it was Stockholm which would be far cooler (ti hi).
Yep.  Loads of palm trees in Stockholm these days.  I can understand how you made the mistake.   ;)   You know, global warming and all that.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2015

Yep.  Loads of palm trees in Stockholm these days.  I can understand how you made the mistake.   ;)
Doh! Didn't think of that. Did think the weather seemed nice. 

Going there again I see a new feature that ties the orig loop to other uses and mine shows there. I feel a bit better now.

Benedict Roff-Marsh

eusti

23 Jan 2015

Some Desperate Glory wrote:I followed your link and tried to listen to the lisverb version.  The photo is of Dolores Park in San Francisco.  Why is this Swedish company so obsessed with San Francisco?  Are they just going for the hipster market?
Well, that should be obvious by now, no? They're trying to be the next internet startup making bazzlions of dollars with their new discover feature...

D.

JNeffLind

23 Jan 2015

Benedict wrote:Hi All

I thought I'd see how the Discover collab thing worked. I liked this loop and made this piece called "Goodnight Tokyo" based on a loop by the same name by lisverb

http://phead.mu/s/TgpFnDf6

Cool. I particularly like the last 20 seconds or so.

JNeffLind

23 Jan 2015

Benedict wrote:I found this on Discover

http://discover.propellerheads.se/feeds ... f38c9ee0ec

Seems they are being quite choosy about what gets presented. Their call but it leaves me wondering if my 'take' was crap or too un-cool to be part of their agenda?  :?

I think those are the versions featured in the add they did which was actually a pretty effective piece of propaganda. I don't buy the idea that people will be making music on their phone like this, but it will likely move units.

• Information