How to make Thor envelopes faster?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JoshuaPhilgarlic

06 Mar 2015

I know there are tricks to make Thor's envelopes "snappier" - meaning that envelope characteristics can be scaled in some nonlinear way. I remember that there had been various threads about that at the old PUF, but those are lost now. I know to handle Thor as-is, but I use the mod matrix just for general stuff like PWM or driving through wavetables. So, how do I create more Moog-style envelopes? Exode ;) ????

Benedict
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2015

Hi

You can do it in the Mod Matrix by taking the ENV in Q and using it to Mod itself so it looks like

Amp Env > Amp Env Attack +/- 100

The + or - depending of you want the shape to be Log or Exponential (I never remember which is which).

Just don't for get the DC click with fast Env attack - not likely a problem as you want the extra attack anyway.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

selig
RE Developer

06 Mar 2015

Thor's envelopes are already quite fast - you sure you want them faster? Here's a view of the Amp Envelope set at 0 ms (fastest) - it's pretty much a vertical line even when zoomed in @ max zoom:

Here's the simplest way to get snappier envelops in Thor. I use this all the time on the filter envelope to emulate more how Subtractor and others work (using Scale 1 to match Subtractor pretty closely). Use both Scale 1 & 2 for even "snappier" envelopes!

Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-03-06_at_8.59.37_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-03-06_at_8.59.37_AM.png (191.67 KiB) Viewed 697 times
Selig Audio, LLC

JoshuaPhilgarlic

06 Mar 2015

Thanks a lot, folks :) !

@ Selig: It's not about Attack time or so, that's really fast enough. It's more about the Env curve, so your second screenshot nails it!

• Information