drogenblues (drugs blues)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Noplan
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2015

Our take in reason of our last band rehearsal 

it's an original song about drugs in a standard blues.  :t0305:

forensickbeats

03 Mar 2015

1:14 Beer... Essential part of every studio.  :s0826:

JNeffLind

06 Mar 2015

Unfortunately I don't speak your language, but the performance was cool. Looks like you guys could do a cool live set. Do you ever play like that?

Noplan
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2015

Unfortunately I don't speak your language, but the performance was cool. Looks like you guys could do a cool live set. Do you ever play like that?

Thanks. Yes, it's our live Set. Acoustic Guitar, Bass, Cajon and Vocals. We decided not to use a Drum-Set, because it's handier for the tranport and because there are too many pop bands with  standard drums. ;)

Digitus

11 Mar 2015

Excellent!  :t2018:

eusti

11 Mar 2015

Geil! :)

D.

eusti

11 Mar 2015

Wee Joe wrote:Very Good, But i enjoyed this Track More.....http://youtu.be/vs1M8geVQNY

Agreed. Up to the guitar solo... That one doesn't work for me that well...

D.

Wee Joe

11 Mar 2015

Wee Joe wrote:Very Good, But i enjoyed this Track More.....http://youtu.be/vs1M8geVQNY
eusti wrote:

Agreed. Up to the guitar solo... That one doesn't work for me that well...

D.
+1 Yeah, the Guitar solo could have been better.

Noplan
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2015

Yep, the guitarsolo was not so good. agreed. but i made an electro remix of this song and used the whole part of the solo as a basic element with reverse reverb and alligator and that was the strange result:

Wensell

13 Mar 2015

Nicely done. I understand the theme is about drugs, Amsterdam and prohibition. And that is right down my alley :D  But why are you guys smoking (tobacco i guess?) indoor? It brakes my heart. I can feel the agony from the gear, furniture and instruments..trying to breathe in the hostile environment, like a human on the surface of Neptune..  :bawl:
If it's your studio I guess you can do whatever you want, so I'll shut up now  :)

Noplan
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2015

Wensell wrote:Nicely done. I understand the theme is about drugs, Amsterdam and prohibition. And that is right down my alley :D  But why are you guys smoking (tobacco i guess?) indoor? It brakes my heart. I can feel the agony from the gear, furniture and instruments..trying to breathe in the hostile environment, like a human on the surface of Neptune..  :bawl:
If it's your studio I guess you can do whatever you want, so I'll shut up now  :)
It is our Studio. I know about the consequences of nicotine for our equipment, but the consequences for our lungs are more harmful and we still smoke. stupid and typical addictive behavior i guess.

normen

13 Mar 2015

Wensell wrote:Nicely done. I understand the theme is about drugs, Amsterdam and prohibition. And that is right down my alley :D  But why are you guys smoking (tobacco i guess?) indoor? It brakes my heart. I can feel the agony from the gear, furniture and instruments..trying to breathe in the hostile environment, like a human on the surface of Neptune..  :bawl:
?? What exactly would cigarette residue do to the gear in your opinion? I always have to chuckle a bit when people sell stuff on eBay as "coming from a non smoker studio". "So is your studio antiseptic as well? Do you keep dust out by having overpressure?"

Noplan
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2015

normen wrote:
?? What exactly would cigarette residue do to the gear in your opinion? I always have to chuckle a bit when people sell stuff on eBay as "coming from a non smoker studio". "So is your studio antiseptic as well? Do you keep dust out by having overpressure?"
Nicotine is a very aggressive substance and deposits on the membranes of the microphone.

normen

13 Mar 2015

Noplan wrote:Nicotine is a very aggressive substance and deposits on the membranes of the microphone mebranes.
Aggressive in what respect? Nicotine can't destroy metal (condenser mics) or plastic/cellulose (dynamic mics). Human saliva is much more dangerous in that respect.

Noplan
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2015

Noplan wrote:Nicotine is a very aggressive substance and deposits on the membranes of the microphone mebranes.
normen wrote:
Aggressive in what respect? Nicotine can't destroy metal (condenser mics) or plastic/cellulose (dynamic mics). Human saliva is much more dangerous in that respect.
Agressive was maybe the wrong term, but the smoke transports the nicotine in every corner of your Equipment and affects the physical function of the membranes. It is very hard to remove the nicotine film. It's not comparable with dust. The particels are smaller and the substance is stickier.

normen

13 Mar 2015

Noplan wrote:Agressive was maybe the wrong term, but the smoke transports the nicotine in every corner of your Equipment and affects the physical function of the membranes. It is very hard to remove the nicotine film. It's not comparable with dust. The particels are smaller and the substance is stickier.
Yeah, thats about the only area where it somewhat applies, not really for condenser mics though and negligibly so for dynamic mics. Imagine how thick the layer would have to be to get into the range of the weight of the actual membrane.. 100$ for anyone being able to tell the difference of a smoker studio mic vs a non smoker mic ;)

That said, smoking is bad for you, and a non smoker studio generally smells much better, I am not defending smoking in the studio in any way, I just don't like myths :)

Wensell

13 Mar 2015

normen wrote:.. 100$ for anyone being able to tell the difference of a smoker studio mic vs a non smoker mic ;)
Haha, what if the smoker mic sounds ubercool, because the ultrathin layer of nicotine, in conjuction with saliva enhance the microfon.. I guess it somehow would mute the harsh mids.. :D Who knows :)  

eusti

13 Mar 2015

Noplan wrote:Agressive was maybe the wrong term, but the smoke transports the nicotine in every corner of your Equipment and affects the physical function of the membranes. It is very hard to remove the nicotine film. It's not comparable with dust. The particels are smaller and the substance is stickier.
normen wrote:
Yeah, thats about the only area where it somewhat applies, not really for condenser mics though and negligibly so for dynamic mics. Imagine how thick the layer would have to be to get into the range of the weight of the actual membrane.. 100$ for anyone being able to tell the difference of a smoker studio mic vs a non smoker mic ;)

That said, smoking is bad for you, and a non smoker studio generally smells much better, I am not defending smoking in the studio in any way, I just don't like myths :)
I can most likely tell a smoker mic from a non smoker mic... Even with closed eyes!
The smell should make that quite easy!

Oh, you mean soundwise... :P

D.

Noplan
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2015

normen wrote:

finally i'm with you. I think that the effect on the equipment is not relevant but not ideal. 

Noplan
Competition Winner

13 Mar 2015

By the way since the beginning of this year I use only an e-cigarette. 

• Information