How to split Midi note into twice and send it to two Combinator

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
goldengel

02 Mar 2015

I have one Combinator which works perfect. Now I want to send all notes to another Combinator to make the sound more powerfull but not put all devices into the same combinator. I just want to send all midi notes to another combinator. How to do this?

I've tried to plug the cable on Source sound generator Thor at CV1 and CV2 output. Programmed the "Midi Note > CV1" and "Midi Gate > CV2" on this Thor. Then I've connected to Second Combinators "Gate In" and "CV In". But no notes are played. The gate is playing. But not transpose. Not pitch of note.

Can anyone help me to split my MIDI notes from Combinator 1 to Combinator 2?

Kind regards

Dan Topic

02 Mar 2015

Hi. Do you want to double the sound using 2 combinators? What for? You can use parallel chanels in SSL mix.

dreampolice

02 Mar 2015

Why not just duplicate the track and then setup a combinator on that track how you want it?

goldengel

02 Mar 2015

@Dan: I don't know what you mean. Can you explain?
@Dreampolice: The sequencer should not be touched just for instrument cases. I need to program it.

That is my last state. On the left, the Thor plays perfect tones. On the right, I need to do the Combinator play the same notes.
Attachments
screenshot_-_2015_03_03_01-44-07.jpg
screenshot_-_2015_03_03_01-44-07.jpg (508.42 KiB) Viewed 1551 times

dreampolice

02 Mar 2015

Well duplicating the track will take 2 seconds but if you want a more complicated way why not modify the first combinator with the instruments from the second?

submonsterz

02 Mar 2015

if you`re not worried about mod wheel and pitch bends and you on r6.5 up then just get one note stand re
make track for it.
connect its outs to cv spider splitters I usually make one for note and one for gate then you can have six combis playing of the two cv splitters . just have the one note track selected for play but as I say only draw back doing that quick set up is no pitch wheel or mod wheel on real time play.
Attachments
combi_split.jpg
combi_split.jpg (472.89 KiB) Viewed 1547 times

goldengel

03 Mar 2015

Yeahhh... that matches 100% !!!!

:s0221:

That easy and usefull!

Thank you!!
Attachments
screenshot_-_2015_03_03_08-00-08.jpg
screenshot_-_2015_03_03_08-00-08.jpg (175.29 KiB) Viewed 1531 times

Raveshaper

03 Mar 2015

Don't map Key Note out of Thor, for some reason the CV needs to be scaled and/or offset in order to play the correct semitone.

You can place an RPG-8 in the source combinator, turn it off and attach it's Note and Gate outputs to the second combinator (without buying an RE).
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

goldengel

03 Mar 2015

I think your solution of using the RPG

Is better. I don't like Extensions. I am using plain Reason as it is possible.

But in the current exception case that this extension is for free and I really like that clean buildup on programming devices and having very clean sequencer, I will give this Extension an try.
For others, Download the "One-Note-Stand" for free here:[url=http:// http//shop.propellerheads.se/product/one-note-stand/] [/url]http://shop.propellerheads.se/product/one-note-stand/

Dan Topic

03 Mar 2015

What I meant is to right-click to appropriate bus on your SSL mixer and choose ¨Add parallel channel¨. Now you have 2 channels for one track and you can add some inserts to change your parallel bus sound. 

submonsterz

03 Mar 2015

QwaizanG wrote:Don't map Key Note out of Thor, for some reason the CV needs to be scaled and/or offset in order to play the correct semitone.

You can place an RPG-8 in the source combinator, turn it off and attach it's Note and Gate outputs to the second combinator (without buying an RE).
No need to buy any extensions it's free allways has been ;) .
Just easier than having to suss thors programming
out for those that ain't tech savvy.
Simplicity is what some want they don't want to touch nothing past cables or loading patches ; ).

lowpryo

03 Mar 2015

sometimes I'm confused by how complicated people make their racks just to avoid using the sequencer... (unless it's for performing live.)

• Information