First Post!

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
X1Lo

16 Jan 2015

I have to agree with you JockDynamite.  The forum has a smooth, chill vibe to it.  :)
"As I stare into the digital abyss, I will remember when the world was real."

atitlan

16 Jan 2015

Very glad to see a new Reason forum set up - whatever Props may think, none of the 'social media' formats support real discussion as well as a forum does. 

Thanks to all involved in the running of this new site for giving the PUF diaspora a new home.

alex

16 Jan 2015

selig wrote: I've contacted them to ask about getting more time for gleaning what we can from the old forum. :)
Nice idea, I think I'll do the same.Who knows, maybe the more we are in asking, the easier they'll get persuaded! ;)
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

alex wrote:Hi guys! Thank you so much to Lunesis to bring this up and all of you for being here! :thumbup:
I've had sad feelings about imminent PUF closure but seeing how fast is growing the number of people subscrbed here, makes me feel better! :)
The PUF has been a great overall and unique experience to me, aside last few months issues, so I hope this forum will be the new reference place for Reason discussions and exchanges.

Propellerhead may have their own right to shutdown the forum (since it's not a charity foundation, let's put this way) but only one week of time to "backup" things IMO is not so nice and quite irrespectful towards all those people who made great and useful posts and spent their time over the years sharing knowledge and helping others... I really don't get this sort of "rush" to "get rid" of something.

Anyway, let's start fresh!

Cheers,
Alessandro
selig wrote:
Interesting point - I don't understand the rush either. I've contacted them to ask about getting more time for gleaning what we can from the old forum. :)
stratatonic wrote: I was trying to find the Death by a Thousand Cuts thread that JP had started in old FS forum, but found that Props had vaporized the FS from the Search page. I did find it later through Google. So the FS is still out there SOMEWHERE in cyberspace... Hopefully the whole Propellerhead forum will be like that - intact, but just not linked up to the official site. It's better than completely vaporizing it - which would be ludicrous.
I had a direct bookmark to it. I posted the list right after you asked for it on that thread!

Stompp

16 Jan 2015

Hello everyone! Thanks for setting up the new forum Brent. :)

Emian

16 Jan 2015

Stompp wrote:Hello everyone! Thanks for setting up the new forum Brent. :)

yes, one of my favourite patchdesigners is on board as well :D

(your work on PredatorRE & Echobode-combi-patches remains my go-to folders :) )

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Stompp

16 Jan 2015

Emian wrote:yes, one of my favourite patchdesigners is on board as well :D

(your work on PredatorRE & Echobode-combi-patches remains my go-to folders :) )
Thanks a lot, very kind of you to say! Glad those patches are coming in handy. :)

Theo.M

16 Jan 2015

Hi everyone! hope you are well.

I don't get the rush either. I don't know about you but i have maybe 40 or so "tips and tricks" topics bookmarked, as well as tons of invaluable tips posted by (especially Giles) and other members helping me out in my own topics, that i will lose now. We all will.

I wish they gave us a month?

On mac, and i am not sure if windows is the same, with safari you just save as web archive and it saves a perfect offline version.

Perhaps we could link to stuff we really need, i could archive it all and then copy and paste in a dedicated "PUF classics" sub forum? Would anyone think that's a good idea?

Anyway, hi,
peace

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:Hi everyone! hope you are well.

I don't get the rush either. I don't know about you but i have maybe 40 or so "tips and tricks" topics bookmarked, as well as tons of invaluable tips posted by (especially Giles) and other members helping me out in my own topics, that i will lose now. We all will.

On mac, and i am not sure if windows is the same, with safari you just save as web archive and it saves a perfect offline version.

Perhaps we could link to stuff we really need, i could archive it all and then copy and paste in a dedicated "PUF classics" sub forum? Would anyone think that's a good idea?

Anyway, hi,
peace
Hey Theo, and welcome!
There seem to be a few folks working on archiving stuff, myself included. It would appear we should all join forces so we don't miss/duplicate stuff. 

There's a great discussion going on here, which we should both comment in. 

One of my "fun" jobs will be lining up un-titled screen grabs from my photo bucket account with posts I've made in the forums. Haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming linked pics won't "copy" with text. :frown:

Selig Audio, LLC

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

Bavanity wrote:Hi everyone! hope you are well.

Anyway, hi,
peace
I'm working on getting everything organized right now.. hopefully some decent progress will be made tonight. Will also try to make a sub forum for tutorials and what not so just bear with me. Anybody who can grab any goodies off of the old forum is encouraged to do so.

Julibee

16 Jan 2015

wikholm wrote:...And oh, @Julibee: Yes, you spelled it wrong, one "t" too many in the end. But I'm gonna spell things wrong too, sometimes even on purpose. 

I knew it. :)
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

eusti

16 Jan 2015

selig wrote: One of my "fun" jobs will be lining up un-titled screen grabs from my photo bucket account with posts I've made in the forums. Haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming linked pics won't "copy" with text. :frown:
There might be OCR software to derive text from images... Not sure how good that is...
Here's an online version you could try: http://www.onlineocr.net/

D.

esselfortium

16 Jan 2015

Stompp wrote:Hello everyone! Thanks for setting up the new forum Brent. :)
Great to see you here, Tom!
selig wrote:One of my "fun" jobs will be lining up un-titled screen grabs from my photo bucket account with posts I've made in the forums. Haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming linked pics won't "copy" with text.  :frown:
If I'm not misunderstanding, you should be able to click the Edit button on your posts and then copy the code directly, including the text, formatting, and image urls just as you entered them.

The Quote button can also do the trick for copying other peoples' posts, but I can't vouch for it to always give 1:1 results; I'm not sure about on the PUF but on some forums it'll want to automatically prune nested quotes and things like that.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Exowildebeest

16 Jan 2015

This forum seems to handle quote nesting better than the PUF.

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:This forum seems to handle quote nesting better than the PUF.
This forum handles EVERYTHING better than the PUF!

No, seriously, it does.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

Welcome Mattias - I'm sure it will feel great to be a "regular person" on a Reason forum once again. ;)
Glad to see you here - make yourself at home, sit back, relax, enjoy the show… 
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

NothingSpecial

16 Jan 2015

Hi everyone,
I was mostly a lurker on the old PUF.  Going there now is like stepping into a raging volcano. 

Coming here is like sitting on the porch as the sun sets with a cool glass of your favorite beverage!

Thanks for setting it up.

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

NothingSpecial wrote:Hi everyone,
I was mostly a lurker on the old PUF.  Going there now is like stepping into a raging volcano. 

Coming here is like sitting on the porch as the sun sets with a cool glass of your favorite beverage!

Thanks for setting it up.
Great analogies, and welcome aboard! It's already such a great vibe here, and it's up to us all to keep it that way, IMO. Though there will be stricter moderation, hopefully everyone will make it a non-issue by being on their best behavior without having to be told (don't know any better way to describe it!). ;)

I'm already inspired to get back to creating online tutorials here - if we can draw folks like EditEd, Rob, and Peff back we'll know we're really on to something here! :)

Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Have you already invited Kurt, Giles? :)
Kurt, Rob, Ed etc are all in the "Expats" group, so I'm pretty sure we've spammed that page enough times that everyone there knows by now (allow me to hit it one more time…there!).

James Bernard is there as well - curses and a thousand lashes on me for leaving him off the list!!!
Selig Audio, LLC

ClassickHitz

16 Jan 2015

Greetings, I've made it and thanks in advance for having me :) !!

Rook

16 Jan 2015

Hey guys, this is jflint87 from the old forums and Timesake on soundcloud. Glad we've found a new home! This seems to be the place to be :)

One good thing to come out of this for me, I get rid of that stupid jflint87 handle that I created when I first bought Reason, never realizing it would also be my user name on the forum haha.

Here's to the future of our new forum here. May it be prosperous and productive!

• Information