Open Window

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
ionly

24 Feb 2015

This is my first attempt at mastering a piece in Studio One. It was created/mixed in Reason 8 - in my humble home studio - and was originally intended as a collaboration with a local animator.

Any advice is very welcome.

Cheers

https://soundcloud.com/noelgriffin/open-window-1

ionly

24 Feb 2015

"This sound can’t be played outside of SoundCloud". Does anyone know why this is appearing? I've already ticked any permission boxes within Soundcloud

Thanks

EDIT: It now works :D

NATZure

24 Feb 2015

Cool guitar effect. Some creative work you've done here. Maybe at some parts too much happening. The pad takes a lot of space. But overall it's very interesting. Not the type of music i would hear, but it's still cool. Great outro! 

ionly

24 Feb 2015

Hey man,
thanks for the feedback.

After 24 hours of avoidance, I had a listen in my car this evening and agree with you - there are def too many elements fighting for space in places. Need to be ruthless and brave ;)

I normally test on other hifi/my car, and my home studio environment is pretty ok, but not ideal. It's intended for a short animation (someone else's work in progress) of a moth entering a window, circling a flame, and exiting under moonlight - he's employing a program called Maya. Another version is sparse, and without guitar. He wanted it fairly "musical" and moody, and without too much abstraction. I have about 3 weeks to finish, and feel I'm almost where I want to be. If I can stop tweaking.

Cheers :D

ionly

24 Feb 2015

Just uploaded a reworked version with some elements removed (I've over-written the above link). If you get the time, let me know what you think.

Cheers again for the feedback :D

• Information