RE trials fail, can't open reason anymore... Aaarrggh >:-(

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MirEko

23 Feb 2015

Ok so I just went to start my trial of Shape as I have a free day today, noticed that there's a new limiter and haas RE so trialled them also as I have free time. Download and update licence, open reason and get : "Reason needs to install authoriser files then restart" Click yes, say "installed correctly" and then restarts. On restart authorised opens and says "authoriser needs to repair and restart", do that and it's says it's successful than restarts. Authoriser updates new RE and licence. Open reason and I'm back to square one. I've done this loop at least 10 times now including with my ignition key plugged in and deleting and re downloading the RE. Same result every time. Now I can't even work on the tracks that I wanted to today and I only have 200mb left on my internet dongle so I'm screwed as I can't even reinstall reason for at least a month as I'm travelling and 2gb of internet costs me $50. Fuck I hate authorizer. I really fucking hate it. Anyone got any ideas? I have a few tracks I was working on the last few days and now I can't even listen to them, let alone work on them. Plus my trials will be expired from skope and the others before I get net to fix this. I'm going to have to make a 70km round trip just to go to an internet cafe to fix my RE without knowing if it will even work..
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Jagwah

23 Feb 2015

Wow, sorry for your troubles I know how frustrating that can be. An endless loop sounds pretty bad, get on to support if you haven't already, hopefully they will get back to you soon:
https://www.propellerheads.se/support/contact/

eusti

23 Feb 2015

Maybe you have the installer still somewhere handy???

Best of luck!

Dirk.

MirEko

23 Feb 2015

Yeah I've gone through all the support pages and followed all the recommended procedures and I'm still getting the same. Used the last of my data updating authorizer and reinstalling it, resync ing REs etc.

Still the same old bullshit.. Guess I won't get to use my trial of skope.

I'm fucking jacked with reason right now, so much money and time invested in this little walled garden, and now when I need it I've been locked out.

As an added bonus my ignition key is now no longer being recognized, but since my laptop is authorized it doesn't matter.. But still Reason won't let me start it up.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Feb 2015

I have this issue for two weeks now. That's what Prop's support answered:
Sounds like you have a problem with the installation of the CodeMeter drivers. I'd imagine you're running wrong version.

I'd recommend that a first step would be to delete the CodeMeter app/folder from Applications by drag and drop it to the trash. Empty the trash and restart your computer. Then launch Reason and have Reason install the proper version. You may gonna need to restart your machine after installation.
This worked for me... for a moment. The next time I downloaded a trial version I HAD TO DO ALL THIS SHIT AGAIN!

And... today I bought a full RE (no trial!), and after two hours I still don't see it in my rack, damned :t1465: !!!!!

I'm sooo pissed right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MirEko

23 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:Maybe you have the installer still somewhere handy???

Best of luck!

Dirk.
Yes this was a good idea thanks, I found the installers still in my download folder :)

Buuut, I just reinstalled everything and still the same problem.

I at my wits end now, shutting down my laptop before I waste the whole day on this bullshit fucking program.. It's sunny outside anyway

MirEko

23 Feb 2015

JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:I have this issue for two weeks now. That's what Prop's support answered:
Sounds like you have a problem with the installation of the CodeMeter drivers. I'd imagine you're running wrong version.

I'd recommend that a first step would be to delete the CodeMeter app/folder from Applications by drag and drop it to the trash. Empty the trash and restart your computer. Then launch Reason and have Reason install the proper version. You may gonna need to restart your machine after installation.
JoshuaPhilgarlic wrote:
This worked for me... for a moment. The next time I downloaded a trial version I HAD TO DO ALL THIS SHIT AGAIN!

And... today I bought a full RE (no trial!), and after two hours I still don't see it in my rack, damned :t1465: !!!!!

I'm sooo pissed right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks man trying this now

emasters

23 Feb 2015

Same issues here - after wasting time messing around on my system, beginning to sound like server-side issues at Propellerhead.  Good thing they can check the Reason forum for customer feedback.... Doh!  Already left a support request for assistance.  Sigh...

eusti

23 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:Maybe you have the installer still somewhere handy???

Best of luck!

Dirk.
MirEko wrote: Yes this was a good idea thanks, I found the installers still in my download folder :) Buuut, I just reinstalled everything and still the same problem. I at my wits end now, shutting down my laptop before I waste the whole day on this bullshit fucking program.. It's sunny outside anyway
Sorry to hear! :frown:

D.

MirEko

23 Feb 2015

Ok that worked as far as it started reason then opened authorizer.
Then authorizer timed out and said it couldn't connect. Then I tried to open reason and again same problem..

Done with this. :frown:

wendylou

23 Feb 2015

Same issue tonight after I updated my Quad Instrument to 1.0.4.  Then all three of my license keys failed: Computer, Balance and Ignition Key.  So I updated to Authorizer 2.7.2 but that made no difference. Authorizer just spins endlessly. From my Account, I launched "Manage License" but all three are spinning wheels and reporting "Please wait while this key is being repaired." It's totally broken. Submitted this to Prop Support.  Since so many are having issues, perhaps it's a server problem, seeing as how they recently had issues with their web server.
:puf_smile: http://www.galxygirl.com -- :reason: user since 2002

Deep Schulzz

24 Feb 2015

wendylou wrote:Same issue tonight after I updated my Quad Instrument to 1.0.4.  Then all three of my license keys failed: Computer, Balance and Ignition Key.  So I updated to Authorizer 2.7.2 but that made no difference. Authorizer just spins endlessly. From my Account, I launched "Manage License" but all three are spinning wheels and reporting "Please wait while this key is being repaired." It's totally broken. Submitted this to Prop Support.  Since so many are having issues, perhaps it's a server problem, seeing as how they recently had issues with their web server.[/QUOTE

Purchased the SA 16 Chorus last night and authorization failed. Since then authorizer shows also an endless spin and also the "Please wait while this key is being repaired." sentence for computer and ignition key.
This sucks.
Attachments
Authorize_Computer_&_Keys.jpg
Authorize_Computer_&_Keys.jpg (393.71 KiB) Viewed 2686 times

Jagwah

24 Feb 2015

Why don't Propellerheads ever say anything on a thread like this, maybe some pointers or reason as to what the problem may be, would it be so bad.... to say something?

selig
RE Developer

24 Feb 2015

Jagwah wrote:Why don't Propellerheads ever say anything on a thread like this, maybe some pointers or reason as to what the problem may be, would it be so bad.... to say something?
Probably because it's only been 11 hours since this thread was created (and it's 4 am in Stockholm right now). And of course this isn't their forum. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Olivier

24 Feb 2015

Always submit a ticket @props. (just did that myself). Any forum is not the way to get their attention.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Deep Schulzz

24 Feb 2015

Jagwah wrote:Why don't Propellerheads ever say anything on a thread like this, maybe some pointers or reason as to what the problem may be, would it be so bad.... to say something?
selig wrote:
Probably because it's only been 11 hours since this thread was created (and it's 4 am in Stockholm right now). And of course this isn't their forum. :)
I contacted propellerhead support yesterday - until now no answer which is not really a problem considering the short time. I'm just eager for information in order to get this issue fixed.

Olivier

24 Feb 2015

Its fixed for me now...
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

JoshuaPhilgarlic

25 Feb 2015

Here's what I wrote to support now:
Unfortunately your advice was of just limited use. I have to perform all this CodeMeter deleting stuff every time I install a RE trial now, what is very annoying indeed. But even worse: I bought Carve RE two days ago and didn't get it to be authorized until now. And in this very moment, after the n-th attempt, I also lost autorization of about a dozen other REs. That's very disappointing and you certainly understand that I'm EXTREMELY PISSED right now. So, what's the solution???
//Edit: I managed to re-authorize my lost REs and even Carve now. I had the idea to switch my virus protection off for a moment which seems to work a bit better. But all this doesn't change the #1 problem that I have to re-install CodeMeter every time I download a trial or new RE!

Jagwah

26 Feb 2015

selig wrote:
Nah man, they won't say anything... not here, probably only via 1 on 1 personal mail :comp:

moneykube

26 Feb 2015

downloaded parsec upgrade… dongle got screwed… couldn't couldn't use any racks… licence updating never finished… spins forever… contacted props on twitter… LOL instead of updating to the new authorizer they suggested deleting code meter and authorizer that came with reason… did this… no luck… nothing on my system had changed… the props suggested it was a firewall or antivirus thing… yet no changes had been made to my settings so I knew it was not that… did all they suggested and nothing worked… blame the user LOL… jump through hoops… at this point I knew it was their servers and contacted support as well… I posted on prop Facebook page that rather then blame the user , they should fix their servers… one day later support told me it was their servers (AGAIN) … they told me to try again… now everything worked… PROP's…. FIX YOUR DAMN SERVERS THIS HAPPENS TO PEOPLE WAY TO OFTEN…. I suggest you all try again now that servers are fixed… What a joke.
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

gak

26 Feb 2015

So what is up with deleting the RE you are not going to buy in the authorizer? Doesn't that help?

moneykube

26 Feb 2015

I bought parsec a long time ago

Kov

27 Feb 2015

Had the endless licence update spinning on monday 23rd too. Two days later i tried to sync all once again and everything worked. Guess some server glitch.

moneykube

27 Feb 2015

I tried for 2 days before I gave up on it and then waited for them to fix their servers… why don't they fix this ongoing problem of 2 years ?… instead they delete the forum so we can't complain to let others know of the problem

MirEko

28 Feb 2015

Ok so ive tried all these many times:

Resyncing all my RE
Reinstalling Reason, Authorizer, and CM Codemeter.

I am at a total loss as to what to do next, im looking at reinstalling my entire OS i suppose.
This is an absolute nightmare for me as I have many other programs that I use and the thought of resetting up my entire OS is daunting for me right now.

Guess I wont get to use my trial of Skope or GClip.. 

Also noticed that Parsec & Korde deleted themselves from my RE list, and they redownload everytime i sync my RE.. another stupid problem

And on top of all this i still cannot use Reason at all.

Really tempted to just sell my fucking reason licence and buy another copy when i buy a new computer, as because im travelling i just cant wipe this one and a time machine restore will no doubt restore this problem also..

• Information