Which start/stop footswitch for guitar recording?

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
reason2dance

22 Feb 2015

I'm looking for a footswitch I can start and stop the recording of guitars with in Reason. 

I'm not looking for a complete floorboard, just a little pedal, if there's something like this.

Do you have a quick tip or recommendation? Thanks in advance!

reason2dance

23 Feb 2015

Impressive feedback so far, lol.

Never mind, I've found out that I could do it with an expression pedal connected to my MIDI keyboard controller and Remote Override. The only drawback is that indeed the recording starts and stops by kicking this pedal, but the Song Position Pointer runs on after stopping the recording. Is there possibly another option I don't know yet?

selig
RE Developer

23 Feb 2015

Maybe use a sustain pedal to start/stop the transport?

This reminds me of a feature suggestion I read on the old PUF, that would basically be a complete "redo" button. Pressing this button would do the following: stop the transport, undo the last recording, locate back to the start point and punch in (of course, with "pre roll"). 
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

reason2dance

23 Feb 2015

selig wrote:Maybe use a sustain pedal to start/stop the transport?

This reminds me of a feature suggestion I read on the old PUF, that would basically be a complete "redo" button. Pressing this button would do the following: stop the transport, undo the last recording, locate back to the start point and punch in (of course, with "pre roll"). 
:)
Good suggestion, thanks. The complete stop could work this way, going to try this when a second pedal is in hand. In my case firstly the start of the recording is more important, because with a put on guitar it sometimes can be tricky to get in at the right moment...

• Information