Slipping The Grid

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Soft Enerji

18 Feb 2015

A new version of an old tune. The original version of this track was released back in 2010. Very loosely based on events within Iain M Banks' Sci Fi novel Excession and also inspired by an eye injury I suffered at the time of writing. Inspiration has to come from from somewhere ;) I listened to the original recently and realised there were some issues with the mix so I decided to start again from scratch. This version has been done using Reason 8 rewired into Sonar X3. Mastered in Sonar X3 with Ozone 4.

raymondh

19 Feb 2015

Wow, it has a really dark sound. It sounds great Mark. I like the vocoding behind the vox, and the overall arrangement - sounds great!
Extremely atmospheric, and so much going on in the track.

cheers

Soft Enerji

19 Feb 2015

Thanks guys......much appreciated!

Joumb

19 Feb 2015

It's a gooden Mark, I like it lots. Whenever I play it naked babes turn up at my door :-). Powerful stuff...
I can smell the oscillators burning at dawn...

Soft Enerji

19 Feb 2015

LMFAO!! nice one mate but I'd really rather not have to think about you naked  :s0106:  must be beer o'clock for you already eh?  :s0826:  

Joumb

19 Feb 2015

Beer o'clock at 5...discipline, discipline :-)
I can smell the oscillators burning at dawn...

NATZure

21 Feb 2015

This instrumental is great. But i'm not so much into the vocals. It sounds a bit out of tune and not 'epic enough' for the instrumental. Could be different if the vocals were louder and more upfront. Greets

Scoobyman II

21 Feb 2015

I like the saw tooth sound in the middle of the mix. The vocal trail offs are cool too.

am0eba

21 Feb 2015

Think the vocals totally suit the track. Very unique and tastefully integrated with the vocoder part. Atmospheric, dark and very Cyber-punk-ish… 

_Dave_

:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

FATCheese

22 Feb 2015

I must say I enjoyed it.

Personally I would kick in the vocoder thingy only on the refrain (if that is the right word in English).
Follow me on twitter! http://www.twitter.com/realfatcheese

And remember, blessed are the cheesemakers, and any manufacturers of dairy-based music !

Hell yeah E., you're a "cheesius".

Soft Enerji

23 Feb 2015

Thanks so much for the feedback guys.......really much appreciated!

With regards to the vocoded vox, the ideas and inspirations behind the song required the robotic feel to be prominent. It wouldn't have worked (for me) otherwise.

Cheers

Mark

:P :)

darkmode

23 Feb 2015

Really cool track mate. Loving the menace in it!

Soft Enerji

01 Mar 2015

love menace......... ;)

• Information