Any chance i could suggest a dedicated refills subforum? And RE devs?

This forum is for anything not Reason related, if you just want to talk about other stuff. Please keep it friendly!
Theo.M

16 Jan 2015

Hi, i wonder if anyone else would also like to see this? I had so many ideas for my own place, but it's more than obvious that this place is the one that everyone chose, so to admin and users, congrats.

Thought it wouldn't hurt to have a couple ideas though.

I notice in many forums, refills and re's are sort of grouped together, and in some ways IMO it has taken away the uniqueness of refills..

is there any point in having say a sub forum to discuss stuff that one can buy and have tons of new sound with, without having to own a single RE? Like bitley, soundcells, etc.?

Also, my other idea was to have official developer subforums. Like for example "Selig audio RE forum" or "Soundcells Refill forum".. i think the community will grow big enough to support such things. The rate of growth is incredible so far. Truth be told I already had some interest from Synapse and maybe RP in this area but i guess it was too volatile a situation at the time so Synapse went for their own place, but I feel we could change that easily if OTHER Re devs come here with subforums (Synapse is a major player.. we must have them hehe)

Just a suggestion, if the admin are not interested in that side of things, i would be happy to pursue that myself at rackextensions.com where i would have nothing but dedicated subforums for every RE dev (and nothing competing with here - literally created only for that purpose of having a dedicated place for ever RE dev to have their own forum - well, those that would want to!) I'd not be asking any money and would be willing to contribute financially to this happening here if this has any interest, without expecting *anything* in return, honest.

The reason is simple.. for the benefit of all, nothing more nothing less. I have fantasised about a KVR vst dev subsection but for RE (and refill devs) for quite some time now, and would love to know if anyone else thinks it's a good idea.

Anyway, keep up the good work. Cheers

Drawat
Competition Winner

16 Jan 2015

Yes, i think it is a good idea.

Pepin

16 Jan 2015

I think additional subforums should wait until it's clear how busy the forum will be. We don't want the traffic spread too thin.

Theo.M

16 Jan 2015

Pepin wrote:I think additional subforums should wait until it's clear how busy the forum will be. We don't want the traffic spread too thin.
that's a fair post..

i just didn't want bad blood or thought i was trying to compete if i went with that idea, but I am happy to wait another month or so.

Cheers

eusti

16 Jan 2015

This has been suggested and I think it's a good idea.
Agree with Pepin here as it might be good to wait a little to see where things are going.

D.

Resonator

16 Jan 2015

Sounds like a good idea to me. I'm sure as soon as more people flock over here, it should be worth the wait.

Yorick

16 Jan 2015

Pepin wrote:I think additional subforums should wait until it's clear how busy the forum will be. We don't want the traffic spread too thin.
I agree, I like smaller number of busier forums. Forums that have loads of subforums that lie empty are pretty depressing.
It's fine the way it is right now.

CharlyCharlzz

16 Jan 2015

I am all for that , we may get devs to interact more with us this way !

would be hard to find more interactive then the ones we already got here but let's not mix the old wizards with the Young dynamo's !
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

selig
RE Developer

16 Jan 2015

+1 to everything so far. Yea, there will need to be some sort of sub forum for posts that are more about promoting a product or posting company updates, teasers, etc., and yea these things will likely naturally occur as the need arises. Nothing more lonely looking than a forum with 20 sub-forums and no activity, so I agree it's best to start small and look busy! ;)

I suggested something along the lines of a developer forum in the thread on this subject:
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/more-cat ... ?&trail=25

For now I guess I will post Selig Audio subjects in the RE/ReFill forum, but I think my main question was whether we needed different forums for promoting vs tutorials, reviews, questions, comments, feedback, etc. As long as folks don't mind developers "spamming" that forum there's probably no need for any separation. Just wanting to feel out the consensus on this subject and keep things running smoothly for all involved!
:)

Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

16 Jan 2015

Regarding spamming: I think people will be ok if developers announce their stuff... Especially if they take the time to interact and answer questions...
And usually (depending on traffic) topics that don't get replied to will move out of sight pretty quickly...

D.

Lunesis

16 Jan 2015

selig wrote:+1 to everything so far. Yea, there will need to be some sort of sub forum for posts that are more about promoting a product or posting company updates, teasers, etc., and yea these things will likely naturally occur as the need arises. Nothing more lonely looking than a forum with 20 sub-forums and no activity, so I agree it's best to start small and look busy! ;)

I suggested something along the lines of a developer forum in the thread on this subject:
http://www.reasontalk.com/post/more-cat ... ?&trail=25

For now I guess I will post Selig Audio subjects in the RE/ReFill forum, but I think my main question was whether we needed different forums for promoting vs tutorials, reviews, questions, comments, feedback, etc. As long as folks don't mind developers "spamming" that forum there's probably no need for any separation. Just wanting to feel out the consensus on this subject and keep things running smoothly for all involved!
:)
I wouldn't call it spamming. Just like the old RE forum, it is there for you to have an open dialogue about your products and to spread the word and the hype. Now if people start posting duplicate threads then I will start 'spamming' the delete button.  :D

I can always make the page length longer as well. In fact, I just increased it to 50.

Like always, I am open to consideration but I need to see a forum that is moving threads around.

• Information