Sampling Obama.. My latest creation.

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Wensell

16 Feb 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ncoRRsTuWI

I heard Obama's speech regarding Cuba and i felt like he just as easily could (should) be talking about drug policies. It's time for a new approach. 
Would like some feedback!
Drumloops from The Loop Loft and Drums on Demand.

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Feb 2015

I'm puzzled whether that was a mock or a praise...

Nice music, btw.

Wensell

16 Feb 2015

Thanks! 
But not good that my intention with this work does not translate. Its either a praise nor a mock. It's a vision I have.. that soon we will hear this speech, and then the War on Drugs will end. So in advance I made this piece since the Cuba Speech had the correct words/wibe to it :)

orthodox
RE Developer

16 Feb 2015

Wensell wrote:But not good that my intention with this work does not translate.
I just couldn't tear that speech from Cuba and apply to drugs. And while Cuba is still there, there are certain attached political perceptions which are forbidden to be brought on this forum.

forensickbeats

16 Feb 2015

Wensell wrote: Thanks! 
But not good that my intention with this work does not translate. Its either a praise nor a mock. It's a vision I have.. that soon we will hear this speech, and then the War on Drugs will end. So in advance I made this piece since the Cuba Speech had the correct words/wibe to it :)
Nice music.

Politics, though, is  a subject that requires cool deliberation.  It is cool to have a good drink, so to speak, but not when discussing important stuff.

Another side regarding the drug war problem that should be discussed is healthcare.  If we praise freedom and legalize all the drugs, should we be free also NOT TO subsidise bad choices made by addicts and let them die on the streets?

(Yeah, I didn`t expect to write about politics in that section of the forum)

Wensell

16 Feb 2015

Thanks! 
The topic needs cool deliberation. 
Just to specify, I want regulation, not just legalization. Only with regulation do we as an society obtain somewhat of control.

This is what I want to do with music. Brake barriers, taboos and written laws.. Not that my opinions are so groundbreaking.. :crazy:

jfrichards

16 Feb 2015

Wensell wrote:...This is what I want to do with music. Brake barriers, taboos and written laws.. Not that my opinions are so groundbreaking.. :crazy:
Great musical expression of a super complex situation.  Extremely relevant for musicians.  Think about how many musicians have died or gone down in flames, or sunk into darkness due to the drugs.  Think about how many musicians have ended up in the prison industrial complex due to drug laws.  If your intention with the song was to provoke thinking and conversation about the whole drug war situation, it is quite successful.  Very nice.

I can't say anything about my opinions on Obama since they are very very strong and are from a working class revolutionary perspective, so sparks would fly for sure, and that's against the forum rules, but the topic is crucial, and your artistic presentation is great.

Send me a Private Message if necessary.
Attachments
zip_it.jpg
zip_it.jpg (96.03 KiB) Viewed 1113 times

BarbaraC

18 Feb 2015

It doesn't matter what the political opinion might be; what counts is that this is extremely well done in its use of "someone's" voice-over combined with images and a soundtrack that works perfectly. It requires only backing off and viewing it as what it is as opposed to what it might be.

orthodox
RE Developer

18 Feb 2015

BarbaraC wrote:It doesn't matter what the political opinion might be; what counts is that this is extremely well done in its use of "someone's" voice-over combined with images and a soundtrack that works perfectly. It requires only backing off and viewing it as what it is as opposed to what it might be.
Yeah, it might be someone indeed much worse :) .

While the sound is almost terrific. There are only a few fragments of voice that are not completely muted.

• Information