I Sill Have What I Once Had - poptrack with vocals and lyrics by my daughter...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
sinusfiction

15 Feb 2015

I wanted to try to make a normal poptrack (not my normal cup of tea), and asked my daughter (18) to write the lyrics (not her normal cup of tea :) ) and do the vocals. Really nice to do a project like this together, we had lots of fun, and the result isn't to bad we think...

What do you think?

New album Who Needs Privacy on Spotify or Soundcloud

motuscott

15 Feb 2015

Must have been a blast. I envy you.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

forensickbeats

15 Feb 2015

Delightful track.

sinusfiction

16 Feb 2015

Thanks for listening! The part I enjoyed a lot was that somebody else wrote some lyrics and I had to be really creative to find a fitting melody and chords progression. Normally I do it the other way around (first the music, then create the lyrics). We also reworked the chorus part several times (even changed the lyrics for that part a bit).

darkmode

16 Feb 2015

Great work. A really nice track. Your daughter has a beautiful voice.

sinusfiction

17 Feb 2015

darkmode wrote:Great work. A really nice track. Your daughter has a beautiful voice.
Thanks, I'll tell her!

Last Alternative

18 Feb 2015

Dude your daughter is a natural! I'm impressed. AND she wrote the lyrics. Really nice song with an almost hip-hop/breakbeat hybrid rhythm. I bet she had fun. You can hear it in her voice. You guys should do more music together. I really want to hear what else you come up with. And promote/produce/manage her!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

sinusfiction

18 Feb 2015

Last Alternative wrote:Dude your daughter is a natural! I'm impressed. AND she wrote the lyrics. Really nice song with an almost hip-hop/breakbeat hybrid rhythm. I bet she had fun. You can hear it in her voice. You guys should do more music together. I really want to hear what else you come up with. And promote/produce/manage her!
Thanks, yeah, I guess we will be collaborating some more! Most difficult part is to find the time (for both of us, work and study). We did do some stuff before, like this dubstep kind of remix/cover of Maroon 5:

Had some fun with that, too! But this time it was the first time we started from scratch (me doing the music and production, she writing and doing the vocals).

• Information