Slate Digital FG-X mastering processor

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
djfm1983

13 Feb 2015

My wife surprised me for my birthday and bought me the Slate Digital FG-X mastering processor. Man this pluging is serious! I own the Ozone RE but this blows that RE out of the water! This for sure has sealed the deal breaker with RE I once loved. I won't be buying any REs for quite some time. Especially with companies like Slate Digital offering all their plugins for $19.99 a month (and after 12 months you get a $200 voucher towards one of their plugins). I'm yet to hear any REs match the quality Slate Digital plugins offer ( I own their VCC,VBC, VMR and now their FG-X).
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

Carnstein

14 Feb 2015

I agree on the Slate stuff being awesome. The subscription model has caught a ton of flak but I think people will come around, it's a great deal.

What if Props offered a sub model for REs? That could get Reason back to having the ability for people to collaborate without discrepancies between plugins. Granted I think developers would hate something like that.
Hello!

djfm1983

14 Feb 2015

Carnstein wrote:I agree on the Slate stuff being awesome. The subscription model has caught a ton of flak but I think people will come around, it's a great deal.

What if Props offered a sub model for REs? That could get Reason back to having the ability for people to collaborate without discrepancies between plugins. Granted I think developers would hate something like that.
I think allot of developers are going to offer this type of package for consumers. Protools is going offering a monthy subscription along with Sonar too. I hope native instruments and Softube will start offering something like that too. I'd love to pay every month for unlimited access to their plugins.
As for REs I could care less about any of them. The only RE that I'd ever want it antidote but I don't see myself ever buying it. Too many great vsti out there. Maybe it's because I've used Reason for over 10 years but I'm done with producing mainly in Reason. Abelton live is just amazing to me. To think had it not been for me winning live 1.0 in a Propellerheads Christmas beat contest I'd probably would never had bought live myself. Thanks Propellerheads!
soundcloud.com/djfm1983

• Information