Latest potential 1st Electronic Album Tracks...

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Tincture

12 Feb 2015

I did this about 6 months ago with 12 tracks and whilst I got quite a few additional listens I never really received any feedback on whether the choice of tracks or their order would be a good idea.

I'm hoping this latest list of 14 tracks (nearly an hours music) will prompt more of a response and satisfy people's needs... but my hope is over-ridden by my need for honesty and evaluation... Please tell me what you'd like more from these songs... they are mainly vocal-less ... maybe that's a big no-no? and they would be so much better with vox...? Is the order ok? I have yearN at No.2 because of my personal attachment (for many reasons) but is it too weak to be at 2 etc...

Please tell me. I will appreciate it. They would all get some reworking/remastering before I put out a proper album so maybe bear that it mind? They all have their deficiences ;) but they wouldn't be so different.

https://www.soundcloud.com/tincture-1/s ... ential-1st

Benedict
Competition Winner

13 Feb 2015

Hi

I was in the shower for most of Track 1. Track 2 is pleasing - definitely elements of Robert Miles but that is not a bad thing. Track 3 is rolling nicely.

If it is all like then then I think you are doing well. I don't see vocals as being relevant or necessary as this is pure electronic with a 90's dance vibe but none of the narrow n-step stuff that drives me up the wall.

Starting to skip now: Velvetine is a cute vibe; The Road Ahead is upbeat and reassuring so not a bad closer at all.

I think you have a nice record and there are a few things like this online I have purchased like Firechild & Kebu, both of whom are more 70's/80's but still share that instrumental thing.

Do it.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Tincture

14 Feb 2015

Thanks Benedict, I really appreciate you taking the time :) I'm going to start reworking them next week as priority No.1.

Tincture

14 Feb 2015

At the risk of seeming self-indulgent/egotistical, I'm thinking that I might do a "practice" album 1st as it will be a learning curve in some ways.

I might cut Winter's End and Delusions of Grandeur from the list above (leaving 12 tracks which I think makes that album more compact and ups the average quality maybe) to give me a practice album of:

1. Out The Corner Of My Eye
2. A Reflection
3. Squeal*
4. Winter's End*
5. Neutron Star*
6. The Transition*
7. Blindman Dub
8. Delusions of Grandeur*
9. Quadology*
10. Zenith
11. King For A Day*
12. Ambient Temperature and Pressure*

* = still on my SC page.

Edit: might as well list what will prob. be the track list of my 1st guitar based album whilst I'm here ;) This will be much further down the road as most need fairly major work (and hopefully more / different vocals):

Broken Lights*
Surface Tension*
You'll Never Take Me
Out Of Reach*
All Out To Sea*
Glow*
Perfect Isolation
Not In My House*
No Destination
The Things That You Do*
Mixed Signals

Benedict
Competition Winner

14 Feb 2015

WTF is a "practice album"?

Are you releasing something into the public or not? If you are just putting it on Bandcamp (Soundcloud sucks for real albums but you get more traffic than BC) then it is a real album. Sure, if you decide not to press... but don't do anything in halves as you will only get 1/4 of a response. What I heard was definitely good enough to be an album. I would prefer that to just about any modern album I get from the library, listen once and feel happy it is over. What I heard I would play again.

I said "do it"

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Tincture

14 Feb 2015

Heh heh alright, thanks for the compliment. Part of my thinking is that if I do the original set 1st then that 'practice' album songs might never get reworked into an album. But maybe I'm best just to go with the best quality straight away. I appreciate your plain speaking whatever I decide to do :)

• Information