Anyone using Balance? I've got a query...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SoulState

16 Jan 2015

How many sources can Balance record simultaneously?   It's got 4 line inputs and 2 XLR inputs but you can only record 2 sources at any one time correct?

Ideally I want to be able to record: Vocals, guitar, Bass guitar and Keys at the same time. 
Can do?  If not, any good alternatives on the market?  Price range <£250

Thanks
:reason:

Olivier

16 Jan 2015

SoulState wrote:How many sources can Balance record simultaneously?   It's got 4 line inputs and 2 XLR inputs but you can only record 2 sources at any one time correct?

Ideally I want to be able to record: Vocals, guitar, Bass guitar and Keys at the same time. 
Can do?  If not, any good alternatives on the market?  Price range <£250

Thanks
Correct, you can only record 2 at a time.
I'd take a look at the Focusrite Scarlett 18i8.

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

SoulState

16 Jan 2015

Urrrgh!    That's disappointing.

Thanks for reply.

Gaja

17 Jan 2015

Well I think it's actually pretty convenient to be able to connect 8 instruments ar once and then switch on the front. The MBox 2 I had before always was an enormous mess to work with, cause you always had to fumble around at the back of it, also it was very poorly fabricated, but that's a different story.
Anyway.
Balance is clearly a home studio interface and not intended for recording an entire band.
You will need to get a bigger interface for this. Like eauhm suggested take a look at the scarlett, with below £ 250 your options are little.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

SoulState

17 Jan 2015

Suppose I was kinda hoping..."If I press in all the buttons at the same time, I'd be able to record all the inputs simultaneously"  
Anyways being the mad fanboy that I am, might still buy it, local tech shop selling it off cheap.

SoulState

17 Jan 2015

Yeah I know i know.  Just seems a shame It's a bit limited - cute - but limited.

• Information