You can't make this stuff up: Audiophile Ethernet Cables…

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

…available now for the low, low price of only £4739.00

http://www.audiovisualonline.co.uk/prod ... -cable-8m/

;)
Selig Audio, LLC

jonheal

10 Feb 2015

I'll take one ... and a pair of the 75 buck speakers also advertised on the same page. :)
Jon Heal:reason: :re: :refill:Do not click this link!

Some Desperate Glory

10 Feb 2015

That one's outrageous.  This one's almost as bad, but only $4000! (cheap!)  At least you can use it as headphones.

http://www.hifiplus.com/articles/cavall ... amplifier/
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

CharlyCharlzz

10 Feb 2015

a beat low budget for my studio IMO , look at these http://www.thecableco.com/Product/Silte ... uble-Crown 

only 45'000 dollars  a 2meters  pair LOL

if I had a super 30 millions dollars castle maybe I would get a 100'000 dollars hi-fi but paying 45'000 for a pair cables ?!?!
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

zeebot

10 Feb 2015

The audiophile in me gets really annoyed by videos showing great speakers like the Genelec M30s being test driven by people hooking them up to their laptop and playing soundcloud tracks to show how great they are. AHHHH!
Anyway, I wouldn't got as far as some people and that is just an insane amount for anything other than a car. 
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

EnochLight

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:…available now for the low, low price of only £4739.00

;)
Those better be handmade from the tears of baby pandas and unicorn wishes for that price.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

normen

10 Feb 2015

Lol, I read about this too today.. Gold cables for speakers are already dumb.. This is beyond anything remotely describable.. A total lack of understanding anything about whats happening. But it (sadly) again shows how easy it is to convince people that their audio is "better" through some "magic". We all fell for a non-change at some point, I don't want to blame anyone for that happening but please keep your brain engaged ;)

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

normen wrote:Lol, I read about this too today.. Gold cables for speakers are already dumb.. This is beyond anything remotely describable.. A total lack of understanding anything about whats happening. But it (sadly) again shows how easy it is to convince people that their audio is "better" through some "magic". We all fell for a non-change at some point, I don't want to blame anyone for that happening but please keep your brain engaged ;)
There's so much fun stuff to read there - I especially love the part about electricity flowing in a specific direction - it's even marked on the cable! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

normen

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:There's so much fun stuff to read there - I especially love the part about electricity flowing in a specific direction - it's even marked on the cable! ;)
Yeah.. for that ETHERNET connection!  :s0959:

eusti

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote: There's so much fun stuff to read there - I especially love the part about electricity flowing in a specific direction - it's even marked on the cable! ;)
Duh! This cannot work! How can the electricity read this when it's inside the cable? :P

D.

forensickbeats

10 Feb 2015

All audio cables are directional.
:s0221: :s0230:    :s0221: :s0221:

Routing the cable in the wrong direction would result in 20 megaton nuclear explosion.

ScuzzyEye

10 Feb 2015

normen wrote:Yeah.. for that ETHERNET connection!  :s0959:
It may not be as obviously ridiculous for audio cables, because there's a source and a destination, but it still is. Audio is an alternating signal. Still people sell, and people buy cables with arrows on them. Or break-in their cables (a laugh in its own), and worry about hooking them up the wrong way 'round.

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

I DO have one cable that has earned the right to have arrows on it - it's designed for guitar players so they can unplug their guitar without sending any errant signals (read: loud noises) to the amp. Works like a charm, but that's not what we're talking about here!   ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

orthodox
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote: It may not be as obviously ridiculous for audio cables, because there's a source and a destination, but it still is.
A cable with active electronic elements inside can be unidirectional.
I can imagine some sort of phase/delay effects that would make a cable work differently in opposite ways.

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote: It may not be as obviously ridiculous for audio cables, because there's a source and a destination, but it still is.
orthodox wrote: A cable with active electronic elements inside can be unidirectional. I can imagine some sort of phase/delay effects that would make a cable work differently in opposite ways.
For example…?

:)
Selig Audio, LLC

orthodox
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:For example…?

RC filter works one way, that's enough.

ScuzzyEye

10 Feb 2015

orthodox wrote:RC filter works one way, that's enough.
Which is exactly why that makes a low-pass filter. Capacitors only like to flow in one direction, so when you apply a current that's rapidly switching directions, like audio does, the fastest switching parts are removed.

But it still doesn't matter which way you plug the low-pass cable in, it will have the same effect on the audio.

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:For example…?

orthodox wrote:RC filter works one way, that's enough.
I was looking for an example of a cable that was unidirectional, which is what you described in your earlier posts - any examples come to mind?
Selig Audio, LLC

phasys

10 Feb 2015

;)
That one is crap. You need this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedic ... B000I1X6PM

Read the reviews if you don't believe me!

orthodox
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:I was looking for an example of a cable that was unidirectional, which is what you described in your earlier posts - any examples come to mind?
I have many cables with convertors inside, usb, hdmi and similar stuff.
ScuzzyEye wrote:But it still doesn't matter which way you plug the low-pass cable in, it will have the same effect on the audio.
Cable is an RC filter itself. If it is asymmetrical in resistance or capacity throughout its length, it will give different response.

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:I was looking for an example of a cable that was unidirectional, which is what you described in your earlier posts - any examples come to mind?
orthodox wrote: I have many cables with convertors inside, usb, hdmi and similar stuff.
selig wrote:But it still doesn't matter which way you plug the low-pass cable in, it will have the same effect on the audio.
orthodox wrote: Cable is an RC filter itself. If it is asymmetrical in resistance or capacity throughout its length, it will give different response.
OK, thought we were talking audio cables here - still no example of audio cables that are directional? (not trying to be a dick here, I just want to be clear what I'm talking about!)
Selig Audio, LLC

orthodox
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:OK, thought we were talking audio cables here - still no example of audio cables that are directional? (not trying to be a dick here, I just want to be clear what I'm talking about!)
OK, I haven't seen such one yet. But why not make a cable with a power amplifier supplied by a battery? :)

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

;)
phasys wrote:
That one is crap. You need this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Denon-AKDL1-Dedic ... B000I1X6PM
phasys wrote:
Read the reviews if you don't believe me!
Those have been some of my favorites through the years - was disappointed there were no user reviews at the above site (was the first thing I looked for), as I'm sure they would have been equally entertaining!
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

10 Feb 2015

selig wrote:OK, thought we were talking audio cables here - still no example of audio cables that are directional? (not trying to be a dick here, I just want to be clear what I'm talking about!)
orthodox wrote: OK, I haven't seen such one yet. But why not make a cable with a power amplifier supplied by a battery? :)
Because what would you plug it into?
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

10 Feb 2015

There was a blind test conducted with a bunch of "audiophiles" using speaker wire.  The blind a/b test was conducted using:
  • A premium name brand "audiophile" speaker wire
  • Coat hangers unwound into a wire
No one could tell the difference.  Don't believe the hype, peeps.   :rofl:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

• Information