Hide And Seek - Something different from Pacific Deep

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
raymondh

09 Feb 2015

Hi everyone

Here's a new song from Carl and me. 

We wrote this one as a tribute to everyone who have lost people close to them. We tried to put the appropriate emotion into the song. It's not exactly up-beat, but we hope you enjoy it :)

cheers
Raymond & Carl

Tau Ceti

09 Feb 2015

It's a very beautiful song.
Well done!

stratatonic

09 Feb 2015

Beautiful. Nicely done lads. Pads and reverbs are perfect. :)

Benedict
Competition Winner

10 Feb 2015

Hi Me & Carl

Really nice pads. Shows a bit more orchestration/arrangement and that is nice.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

raymondh

10 Feb 2015

Tau Ceti wrote:It's a very beautiful song.
Well done!
Thankyou :)

raymondh

10 Feb 2015

stratatonic wrote:Beautiful. Nicely done lads. Pads and reverbs are perfect. :)
Thanks :) There's 46 sequencer tracks in this one, quite a few layers at once! The most prominent reverb is Renoun, which is great for long dreamy tails :)  

raymondh

10 Feb 2015

Benedict wrote:Hi Me & Carl

Really nice pads. Shows a bit more orchestration/arrangement and that is nice.

:)
Thanks Benedict! A compliment coming from you - master of both sound design and orchestration!

raymondh

10 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote:Beautiful indeed, very good music guys!

Great singing, Carl, well as always mate! :)

More mellow one this time, guys!

Pro sound!
Thanks very much George! Yeah Carl nailed it. He worked hard on the vocals to get the emotion in the track, and it was quite a different style from our usual.

robhornsby

10 Feb 2015

Wow guys great work love it thanks for sending me it Raymond,

xxASMxx

10 Feb 2015

A wonderful track...nice work guys.

Some Desperate Glory

10 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote: Cheers Ray, well Carl is always does his vocals top notch, no flattering here, coz as I've been telling to Carl he has an amazing voice & ought to be on the big scene, you guys can do that for sure!

I bet you Ray, can sometime go to SF & perform with Carl at some club/bar at first, I really mean it, I bet you were thinking about that! :)
That's really nice of you George, I'm humbled!  I wasn't born a good singer so it always makes me so proud when people enjoy my singing because it was a lot of work and practice!

It would be fun to do a show with Raymond some day.  I haven't performed live in over 5 years though!  I'd be so rusty!

This was a special song to do, since Raymond really put his heart into it.  I provided the vocals and just a bit of a suggestion or opinion here or there.  The music, arrangement, and lyrics all are from Raymond.  He did an amazing job, obviously.
Still nostalgic about the old days, writing songs with my Amiga 500, Korg M1, and Ensoniq ASR-10 sampler.

Ecopro

12 Feb 2015

This is a bit mellower than your usual Synthpop tunes. It is a timeless ballad with a warm, soulful sound. Carl's voice sounds very smooth and Ray did a wonderful job with the arrangement and production overall. 
Guts Electronic Mayhem

Tincture

12 Feb 2015

Loss is hard to describe and music is a great communicator for those emotions. Really good Carl & Ray, you both shine here.

Soft Enerji

14 Feb 2015

really great track guys..........top work.........

darkmode

16 Feb 2015

Really great guys. Can't add anymore than what has already been said. Nice work!

Last Alternative

18 Feb 2015

Love the change of pace. Total retro slow jam. And soothing ethereal pads. I want that reverb!
https://lastalternative.bandcamp.com
:reason: 12.7.4 | MacBook Pro (16”, 2021), OS Sonoma, M1 Max, 4TB SSD, 64GB RAM | quality instruments & gear

raymondh

18 Feb 2015

Gosh guys - thanks to each of you for your great comments! Appreciate it! 

Carl is too kind - yeah I did the majority of this one, but he has done the majority of *many* Pacific Deep songs so it is nice to balance the ledger a bit :)
The song is a good example I think of a comment Carl made in the "ethics" thread on collaboration, where we seem to be in tune (pun not intended) with what we are trying to accomplish with our songs.

George as for your comments on live performing - well everyone would have gone home and the lights turned out by the time I'd managed to play a simple riff that wasn't horribly out of time haha. Although I could really kill a sustained C major through the evening :D

• Information