Diluted - Free

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

08 Feb 2015

Nice journey, at first I thought there were too many breaks but it works and flows well..

eusti

08 Feb 2015

Cool! I like it! Reminds me of Kraftwerk in regards to the melody in parts!
Doesn't feel limited in any way! ;)

D.

Higor

08 Feb 2015

Reminds me of The Revenge Of Shinobi Sega Genesis Game. :thumbup:

selig
RE Developer

09 Feb 2015

Cool track!

Don't know if this was intentional or not, but you seem to be missing the bottom few octaves, energy wise (a technical, not musical observation). I can turn my sub on and off and not really hear any difference! 

With such a relatively high bass line you can supercharge the kick. Or you could add a sub oscillator to the bass line. Or maybe it's there, but just not boosted? Either way, there's loads of room to work with here IMO. :)

Selig Audio, LLC

darkmode

09 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote: Thanks Giles!

Not intentional per se, I just trying to keep things as simple as possible, once I even forgot to write a bass for a track, lol!

Since I'm making music with these guys Image   bass can be tricky to make! :)

Or it's an excuse!
But in this track yes, my bass is on C3 because of its sound & because of the notes arrangement I can't add either second line (it won't sound) or add some other bass notes to the C2 as I sometimes do!

Hope it makes sense! :D
I like it. Considering that these are your monitors, it's really good. Nice work!

selig
RE Developer

09 Feb 2015

GeorgeFeb wrote: Thanks Giles!

Not intentional per se, I just trying to keep things as simple as possible, once I even forgot to write a bass for a track, lol!

Since I'm making music with these guys Image   bass can be tricky to make! :)

Or it's an excuse!
But in this track yes, my bass is on C3 because of its sound & because of the notes arrangement I can't add either second line (it won't sound) or add some other bass notes to the C2 as I sometimes do!

Hope it makes sense! :D
Indeed, great work then! The most common problem for folks with "bass shy" monitoring is adding too much bass. You've avoided that completely, which is good IMO. I'd rather hear a good mix like yours that only lacks some low end (and can be considered a personal preference) than a muddy mix with too much low end (muddy is never a personal preference as far as I've seen!). 

:)

Selig Audio, LLC

stratatonic

09 Feb 2015

Cool riff mate. Funky. :)

• Information