Dr Octorex - trigger reverse samples.

Have an urge to learn, or a calling to teach? Want to share some useful Youtube videos? Do it here!
zakalwe

06 Feb 2015

So i've never really bothered with this as it is typically a cheese move (in house anyway) but i was messing about with combinators the other day and i noticed there doesn't seem to be a way to map this or any of the other slice edit parameters?

so if i just want to have a reverse hit would i have to copy the whole loop, reverse the slices i want and then automate the slot selection or is there an easier way?

submonsterz

07 Feb 2015

copying and sequencing in is how I have all ways tackled this problem no way of automation to achieve this.
if you only using one slot in rex you can copy you`re loop over to next slot
and do the whole lot as reverse in that next slot and trigger that way so to keep in one rex
or assign to a combi and put triggers to different versions to the slots with differing reverses etc.
that works well. :)

zakalwe

07 Feb 2015

thanks, it's quite surprising you can't do it so i wanted to check.  there's no MIDI way either as far as  can tell i had a look at the chart.

submonsterz

07 Feb 2015

no just midi for stops looping one shot and slice play sadly.

Jagwah

08 Feb 2015

zakalwe wrote:So i've never really bothered with this as it is typically a cheese move
Ain't nothing cheesy about reversing samples / beats / vox, you name it, you do need to be creative about it though.

God damn I hate unautomatable parameters. That's something Props should look at as a hurdle to overcome rather than something that's just 'too hard.'

• Information