Dr. Rex/Recycle Problem

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
EnochLight

04 Feb 2015

And this right here is why we need a new modern sampler/sample player that does time stretching on the fly.  I know IDT just came out 4 months ago, but hopefully Props will step up and remedy this soon.

Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

selig wrote:Well to be fair, a lot of this stuff disappears when placed in a mix. And with a source sample that is already noisy, a few extra clicks may not likely raise any eyebrows. They are MUCH quieter than vinyl scratches, as a comparison. :)
eusti wrote:
As well, you can get rid of the clicks at the end of the long notes by adjusting the slice points...

D.
I think we all tried that, and to no avail in this case.
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

05 Feb 2015

selig wrote:Well to be fair, a lot of this stuff disappears when placed in a mix. And with a source sample that is already noisy, a few extra clicks may not likely raise any eyebrows. They are MUCH quieter than vinyl scratches, as a comparison. :)
eusti wrote:
As well, you can get rid of the clicks at the end of the long notes by adjusting the slice points...

D.
selig wrote: I think we all tried that, and to no avail in this case.
I think I actually got rid of some of the clicks on the long notes, but not the short ones... But not sure if a little better is good enough... ;)

D.

selig
RE Developer

05 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
eusti wrote:
I think I actually got rid of some of the clicks on the long notes, but not the short ones... But not sure if a little better is good enough... ;)

D.
It's the second and third one I was having the most trouble with. I didn't detect any major issues with the long notes.

Selig Audio, LLC

eusti

05 Feb 2015

eusti wrote:

D.
eusti wrote:

D.
selig wrote:
It's the second and third one I was having the most trouble with. I didn't detect any major issues with the long notes.

Yes, agreed. Most trouble was with number two and three. But the end of the first note was not quite smooth here either... Had it on really slow to hear clicks better... Decided after an hour I wasn't going to get anywhere... Actually got me in a bit of a mood about it too! :P

D.

MoonEchoAudio

06 Feb 2015

Thanks for trying everyone! 
Create a sonic world of your own.
www.moonechoaudio.com

• Information