Post a pic of your studio!

Want to talk about music hardware or software that doesn't include Reason?
motuscott

19 Jan 2015

Rice wrote:Here's a few of mine:
Your profile says dabbler. Those pictures say something else.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

tibah

19 Jan 2015

Carnstein wrote:Here is my humble setup, there is a lot of guitar gear not pictured but I've been trying to scale back my gear acquisition in general haha.

*picture here* ;)

Any comment on the JBLs (305 I assume)? How do you like them? :)

Carnstein

19 Jan 2015

Carnstein wrote:Here is my humble setup, there is a lot of guitar gear not pictured but I've been trying to scale back my gear acquisition in general haha.

*picture here* ;)

emotica wrote:
Any comment on the JBLs (305 I assume)? How do you like them? :)
They are the 305s and I like them a lot, I don't think I'll be upgrading for some time. They seem very well balanced. Flatter than KRKs or other monitors in the same price range for sure.
Hello!

gullum

19 Jan 2015

The room that makes me happy

Attachments
IMG_7493.JPG
IMG_7493.JPG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5185 times

tt_lab

19 Jan 2015

gullum wrote:The room that makes me happy

That icon got me drooling like Homer!

gullum

19 Jan 2015

tt_lab wrote: That icon got me drooling like Homer!
after using the Panorama p4 only 1 motorized fader I had to get something with more faders and the icon con's are amazing for the price, There is no Reason preset for them on mac (Windows users have a preset) but I have them set to logic pro preset and most of the buttons and knobs are mapped to something in Reason, I can control everything in the SSL mixer.

freeQlow

19 Jan 2015

motuscott wrote:Where the magic happens
Shot of new desk working on.
In between studios, figuring out ergonomic arrangements.

Went ultra wide LG, because SSL deserves it.
Attachments
20141229_095934.jpg
20141229_095934.jpg (2.16 MiB) Viewed 5130 times

elMisse

21 Jan 2015

Nice studios dudes.

Here's the dark corner of my flat.
Attachments
111.jpg
111.jpg (122.24 KiB) Viewed 5443 times

Gaja

22 Jan 2015

Here are some pics of my studio. Well it's not all mine, but 28% of it :D

Sorry my photography skills are horrible...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Secondary Protocol

22 Jan 2015

Inspiring to see everybodys setups!

So, here is my almost finished cave, The Perfect Bounce Studio :)

First, control room during setup-and acoustic treatment:

Image  Image 
The acoustic treatment really works wonders. The diffusor in the back end, along with the huge chunks of rock wool underneath and above really makes the sound much more clear. its like swimming in water with all kinds of swirly sea grass tangling at your feet, and then come out in clear water. Can highly recommend it!

And then some of my second instrument, -I can at least pretend I can play the guitar :)

Then, the construction work of making the vocal booth: (or in wet dreams, acoustic drums)

a few of these...

Then on to conceptual art:

lets call that, uh, "artistic" ;)

And then, the final wall paint:

(Fully admitting I stole the rose from a Maxi-single of "Enjoy the silence". Yes I love DM ;) )

This is the current status of the studio, plus one more absorber in the ceiling. Doors are being installed as well as some other stuff.

Waiting now to get a connection box/patch plate for mic/aux/monitor/headphone cables and then I plan to control logic from an Ipad in the booth.

Attachments
9.jpg
9.jpg (39.41 KiB) Viewed 5405 times

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

Did you guys build your own diffusers ? I was told that there's a very specific pattern required in how the various heights are mounted. SOunded like voodoo to me, hence my question.
My Words are my ART

Secondary Protocol

22 Jan 2015

Yes, i built it on my own using formulas you can find on the interwebz, or there are also software to give you the correct individual height for the skyline diffusors.

Normally, you cut pieces of whatever material you can find, but I took the pattern from the program, and i put it in the CAD system, and made slices (with a friends help and a water-jet cutting machine) of very hard XPS. I glued all slices together to form the diffusor, and then coated it with paint mixed with fine sand to give it a harder surface.

XPS is a good material, and even PS works quite good. It makes the stuff less heavy too, compared with wood.

I was actually planning to sell Skyline diffusors since the method was so fast and easy, but work, music and two kids stole my attention. But maybe one day?

=)

EnochLight

22 Jan 2015

EnochLight wrote:Here's mine so far - just started a remodel about a year ago:

DeltaHotelVictory wrote: Hey EnochLight, how are you liking the M-Audio Trigger Finger Pro? They just dropped down to €200 where I live, so I am really tempted, but I read in reviews that they have/had some major latency issues. What is your experience combining the TFP with Reason?
Hi,

I have absolutely no issues with latency whatsoever. Everything seems to be in time just fine (though I learned that "send play position" should be turned off in Reason). If you record an onboard TFP sequence back into Reason, you may need to nudge or quantize a bit though, but that's to be expected.

The pads are sublime - some of the best I've ever used. The onboard sequencer is what sealed the deal for me, though. ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

What is XPS? - Google's not helping me on that. If it's similar to MDF, then I wouldn't be able to use it.

The community workshop I'm a part of has only three basic rules. No Sheila's, No Grog & No MDF.
My Words are my ART

Namahs Amrak

22 Jan 2015

I'll say it again. Enoch, your workspace looks great.
My Words are my ART

bitley

22 Jan 2015

love your house 3rd floor, makes me think of 'secret window' with jonny depp... somehow.

Attachments
Secret-Window-johnny-depp-27709725-969-399.jpg
Secret-Window-johnny-depp-27709725-969-399.jpg (152.82 KiB) Viewed 5406 times

matt9the9cat

22 Jan 2015

ImageThe music corner of my bedroom.
Attachments
My_studio.jpg
My_studio.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 5408 times

Aquila

23 Jan 2015

Here's my previous configuration. I'm in the middle of rotating it all 90 degrees against the window to allow me to install better acoustic treatment. I'll post an updated picture when it's completed.

Noplan
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2015

Attachments
CAM00217.jpg
CAM00217.jpg (2.49 MiB) Viewed 5387 times

Julibee

23 Jan 2015

Julibee's place... We just got new floors, and I re-arranged my old wall-o-cabinets to give myself this layout--  I used to be stuck in the corner (where the keys are now, with the keys protruding into the room). Feels a bit more studio-ish now. Haven't quite figured out how best to tame the cords yet. I'm still shuffling things. I've also moved from a PC to a MacBook, so that's all new. 

Digital Audio Side....

... Guitar side. These are my husband's... I can only play five chords and I play them terribly. I think there are a few more guitars in a closet, but these are the ones he plays (or at least looks at, in the case of his old 1960's, unstrung, Harmony Tenor.  That one needs a bridge. Does anyone have a bridge for a Harmony Tenor?).

TOP: That's my new Kaotica Eyeball I was talking about in another thread. Comes with the removable blue pop filter, but I also took a pic of how it looks without the filter, so you could see how simple it is. It is literally a hollow ball of foam. But it works. It's also a little spendy. No, it doesn't need the reflexion filter behind it-- I just haven't put it away, yet. Also, I tend to pin lyrics to  the reflexion filter when I sing, and at the moment, I don't know how I'll fix lyrics to the Eyeball...

BOTTOM: Yeah, that's a Logic Project. Sorry. LOL. And my only analogue synth on the right. 

Everything is is part of a larger room that is actually my family room. In fact, the TV is right behind the amps, facing the other way. Since its both family room and studio, I literally spend nearly all of my time in this room. It's also the darkest room in the house, so I painted it a verrrry light griege. Was super nice to redecorate it with new area rugs and curtains when we got new floors A few weeks ago. Now that most of the cabinets have been moved though, I might add some more color... Or... Gray. Prolly could use some bass traps and stuff... 
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (7.15 KiB) Viewed 5367 times
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Benedict
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2015

Hi All

This is mine for the last year. I'm 100% Image + Image + Image so no external stuff (or people) to clutter the place up .

This happens to be my lounge and bedroom too so music and TV all come from the same PC. The Pro-Ject I used to record my record collection is off to the right and plugged from that loose plug under the desk.

The big speakers holding up my Jamo C803s are Wharefedale Valdus 500s but they aren't in use now as they do more damage than good. A few meters to the right I have another set of speakers I use for beddytime listening when I want something different from the Jamos. All powered by the NAD C 320BEE. Sadly the old Radio Shack Realistic amp died as that was a better match for the Wharfies.

:)
Attachments
IMG_0372.JPG
IMG_0372.JPG (642.83 KiB) Viewed 5361 times
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Carnstein

24 Jan 2015

Oh man that kaotica eyeball looks like an awesome pop/reflection filter solution! The price makes me hesitate a little though.
Hello!

Julibee

24 Jan 2015

Carnstein wrote:Oh man that kaotica eyeball looks like an awesome pop/reflection filter solution! The price makes me hesitate a little though.
I know-- the price is STEEP for what it is. My parents bought it for me for Christmas. BUT, looking at my room, not having any option but my family room for recording, and not wanting to wall it in/make a vocal booth in the middle of the rest of my life... When I first saw it, I thought it couldn't hurt to try. Was a good decision to tell my mom about it. LOL

This was the article and the sound samples that got me interested: http://soundbytesmag.net/kaoticaeyeball/

After having used it a few times, I agree completely with this reviewer's thoughts.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

motuscott

24 Jan 2015

Wow some of these set ups are so pro that you might want to think about upgrading to a real DAW.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

• Information