Auto-create fades on clip edges.

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Photoindra

31 Jan 2015

If I slice audio in Reason and then delete some parts there are almost always click (pop). I know that I can do this to "fix" it:
- select manually these sections
- go to Fade In
- put 0.1 or more
- go to Fade Out
- put 0.1 or more

But for example Ableton do this automatically and I can drop any audio and cut it as I want and don't have any problems and don't have to even think about clicks and pops.
About this setting:
"create fades on clip edges"

My question:
Is there any way to do this automatically in Reason?

EnochLight

31 Jan 2015

Automatically, no. The method you use currently or adjusting clips in comp mode is currently the only way to do this. :frown:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

31 Jan 2015

Why not just select all the clips in question and type in the fade in/out values in the inspector? 
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

EnochLight

31 Jan 2015

selig wrote:Why not just select all the clips in question and type in the fade in/out values in the inspector? 
I could be wrong, but I think that's what the OP is already doing.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

selig
RE Developer

31 Jan 2015

selig wrote:Why not just select all the clips in question and type in the fade in/out values in the inspector? 
EnochLight wrote: I could be wrong, but I think that's what the OP is already doing.
OK, Doh - I see that now.

If you are adding fades to thousands of clips a day, like with creating a sample library, this would be a huge drag. But for audio editing it takes literally seconds to add fades to a selection of clips. Might not even affect some folks - I've never needed this feature myself. 

Sorry for the misunderstanding - carry on!   ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information