Urban Legends (Deephouse?)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Deep Schulzz

20 Apr 2024

This track called "Urban Legends" took me forever to finish it.

Greetings from Berlin

Mataya

21 Apr 2024

Like a wall of everything all at once. I'm sorry, I really don't like this kind of sound. This can not be deep house man.
I thought this is deep house.

I mean, you asked.

M

Deep Schulzz

21 Apr 2024

Thanks:) That's ok for me. Maybe it's kind of hysterical House or something :puf_bigsmile:

PhillipOrdonez

21 Apr 2024

Some nice elements that could potentially be turned into a nice deep house tune if tastefully arranged. 👍

Mataya

21 Apr 2024

Dig the bass do, but the rest just keeps slammin' into me and I can't take it.

M

Deep Schulzz

22 Apr 2024

Thanks for the comments and the criticism. In the end it doesn't really matter what the correct style name is. Maybe it's just jazz-;)
This track is a genre fusion and it's sounds the way I wanted it to. It's completely normal that not everyone likes it and that's really okay for me. :puf_bigsmile:

rorystorm

30 Apr 2024

Nice! Not normally my kind if thing but it has a great flying lotus vibe I really liked.

WolfZeit

01 May 2024

I really enjoyed it. Sounds and production-wise I wouldn't change a thing, it sounds really good. Lovely use of stereo. The only suggestion I'd make is to have some little breathers, some small pauses to give the sounds a chance to hang in the air, before sweeping us to the next section. Lovely sounds in this.

tomusurp

01 May 2024

This track would be better imo without that birdy noise. The problem is mixing wise you already have a clicky kick not to mention percussion so adding another high frequency transient like sound over it doesn't sound good imo, it's the first thing I noticed. It's an interesting groove otherwise
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

Bloma

03 May 2024

Huge! Personally I love a good wall of sound. I do also think that the high pitched frequency sweep sound could be a bit less prominent. When it stops the song opens up nicely. It almost sounds like music for some really sick JRPG that I'd want to play.

ChulaCoola

Yesterday

Phil Spector was famous for his "Wall of Sound", and he made his artists lots of money. To me it sounds absolutely fabulous. If it is good, it is good! Although maybe tomusurp is right about that high frequency sound. I don't know.

That said, I did see a youtube video on this very topic, not putting multiple sounds of the same frequency range in the same part of the ear mix.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

• Information