[breakbeat] TUFF1

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

20 Apr 2024

Needs work - compressor working a little too hard - but the idea is there - will sort it!

This is TUFF1

Created with Elektron Analog Rtym Mk2 and Serum etc...
Check my Soundcloud:

tomusurp

22 Apr 2024

i like it. cool vocal sample and that single bass kick works well with the rest of the drums and percs. my fav part is that break in the middle with the growling synth. is there a sound design tutorial to be able to make that type of growl synth and control it's expression? great track overall
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

WolfZeit

25 Apr 2024

Brilliant use and manipulation of vocals. Love the big bass and the acid at the end. Do you mind me asking were the vocals processed in Mimic?

danc

25 Apr 2024

WolfZeit wrote: ↑
25 Apr 2024
Brilliant use and manipulation of vocals. Love the big bass and the acid at the end. Do you mind me asking were the vocals processed in Mimic?
Thanks for the positive response...

Regarding the vocal - it isn't triggered through a sampler or such like RE or plugin. Instead it simply is an audio track, with a lot (and I mean a lot) of cut and paste vocal clips - most are run forwards, but some are reversed. I prefer to have this control on vocals, because I can trim the start and ends as I please and get them to swing with the beat in whichever way I please as the track progresses.

In terms of the FX on the vocal, it's pretty simple, I use Kilohearts Pitch Shifter and Frequency Shifter. And Fabfilter Volcano for a bit of filtering.
And in certain places I kick off The Echo RE to repeat it infinitum into the distance. TBH - there isn't a lot of clever stuff going on - I used to go over the top with FX on things, but less is more.
Check my Soundcloud:

WolfZeit

25 Apr 2024

Thanks for that mate. Well, it's sounds brilliant, and now you've made me want to learn how to use Audio clips moreπŸ‘πŸ»

danc

26 Apr 2024

tomusurp wrote: ↑
22 Apr 2024
i like it. cool vocal sample and that single bass kick works well with the rest of the drums and percs. my fav part is that break in the middle with the growling synth. is there a sound design tutorial to be able to make that type of growl synth and control it's expression? great track overall
Thanks for positive response to TUFF1....

The acid synth line you hear is a sample taken from an old early 90's vinyl I have. Pretty much everything else is original by me - not nicked samples. The breakbeat drums, bass line, synths, stabs etc. are all by me. I just wanted a vintage acid feel, and thought taking an original acid line was better than creating one from scratch!

As such - I can't point you to a tutorial on creating the acid line!
Check my Soundcloud:

RTFX

26 Apr 2024

danc wrote: ↑
20 Apr 2024

Needs work - compressor working a little too hard - but the idea is there - will sort it!

This is TUFF1

Love it! πŸ‘πŸ‘
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

26 Apr 2024

RTFX wrote: ↑
26 Apr 2024
20 Apr 2024

This is TUFF1

Love it! πŸ‘πŸ‘
I was just thinking that sample was from a old rave tune.

Cool track Danc

danc

29 Apr 2024

Popey wrote: ↑
26 Apr 2024

Cool track Danc
Thanks Popey!!! Glad you love it. Yes - the kid vocal is taken from Altern 8.

Those guys are now grandads and still kicking a storm in the clubs:

Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

29 Apr 2024

29 Apr 2024
Popey wrote: ↑
26 Apr 2024

Cool track Danc
Thanks Popey!!! Glad you love it. Yes - the kid vocal is taken from Altern 8.

Those guys are now grandads and still kicking a storm in the clubs:

Ha ha yes you cannot beat OG grandads still ripping up the scene. As a old fart myself I strongly endorse it πŸ˜‚

• Information