(start from scratch synth improv/bad singing) leaving for the snakes

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
muckmclane

13 Apr 2024

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2024

muckmclane wrote:
13 Apr 2024
Playing around with this track right now. I don't know if anything good will come out of it. Regardless I'm having fun. :puf_smile:

muckmclane

13 Apr 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Apr 2024

Playing around with this track right now. I don't know if anything good will come out of it. Regardless I'm having fun. :puf_smile:
wsgts.jpg
wsgts.jpg (23.84 KiB) Viewed 464 times
Good to pass on ripple effect of inspiration. I was looking at someone yesterday who was completely unrestrained musically and it felt like a nice change of pace.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

13 Apr 2024

Todays playtime is over. I don't know if the end result is any good. But I might as well share it. :puf_smile:

muckmclane

13 Apr 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Apr 2024
Todays playtime is over. I don't know if the end result is any good. But I might as well share it. :puf_smile:
I really like the direction you took it into. Seems like you "followed my lead" using a flat midi pattern subtractor as well. It reminded me of some early 2000 dance music and I decided to play with it some more.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2024

muckmclane wrote:
13 Apr 2024
TritoneAddiction wrote:
13 Apr 2024
I really like the direction you took it into. Seems like you "followed my lead" using a flat midi pattern subtractor as well. It reminded me of some early 2000 dance music and I decided to play with it some more.

Nice :D I've yet to make my own falsetto project. Someday :lol: And the day I'm ready for it I'll for sure ask Bradley if he's up for a vocal contribution.

Besides the drums and the synth pad/chords I only used chopped up synth and vocal bits from you're video. It's kind of a fun process to take a long piece of music and just hyperfocus on one or two short bits and base a new creation around that. I did the same with your clip when you did that heavily processed ukulele/mandolin thing (can't remember which instrument it was) a long time ago. Just cutting out a few seconds here and there. Of course this has been done ever since sampling first started. But it's not something that I typically do, so it's still feels fresh for me.

muckmclane

14 Apr 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
14 Apr 2024

Nice :D I've yet to make my own falsetto project. Someday :lol: And the day I'm ready for it I'll for sure ask Bradley if he's up for a vocal contribution.

Besides the drums and the synth pad/chords I only used chopped up synth and vocal bits from you're video. It's kind of a fun process to take a long piece of music and just hyperfocus on one or two short bits and base a new creation around that. I did the same with your clip when you did that heavily processed ukulele/mandolin thing (can't remember which instrument it was) a long time ago. Just cutting out a few seconds here and there. Of course this has been done ever since sampling first started. But it's not something that I typically do, so it's still feels fresh for me.
You did an excellent job creating a song based on the source material. I really liked how you incorporated the noise button part, the pitch bendy part, and the note speed-up part (I thought you might have redone that part). It was interesting to hear heavy spring reverb vocals, in an early 2000s dance style track. Your collab talents are better spent on anyone other than Brad. His “frosty the snowman” from the Europandemonium era, makes me look like Prince in comparison.

• Information