(Electronic) Replicant Empathy

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mimidancer

10 Apr 2024

I wrote this one yesterday. It isn't quiet and probably not mixed to the standards of this forum. But I like it. I used a fuckton(can I say that here?) of synths on this one if anyone cares enough to want a breakdown I'd love to chat about them. Anyway, I hope you listen.

tomusurp

12 Apr 2024

Oooo very nice, I mess with it. Love that dark bass transition at about 1:17. This is like a film score beat with a bit of synthwave feel and unorthodox drums :clap:
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

mimidancer

12 Apr 2024

tomusurp wrote:
12 Apr 2024
Oooo very nice, I mess with it. Love that dark bass transition at about 1:17. This is like a film score beat with a bit of synthwave feel and unorthodox drums :clap:
the drums were played from my octopad and blended with DFAM perc patch. I am a huge fan of Dave Grohl. He once said it does not matter what you hit as long as it is in time. I also like Stewart Copeland who is prone to fill at any moment. My drumming on the pad does not emulate either of their styles. but it does utilize wisdom from their lessons. Thanks for listening.

Chizmata

13 Apr 2024

hey mimi, im gonna be a bit straight on this one. i think that you are very talented, especially in terms of progression. And your sound, as rough as it feels sometimes, always has a certain magic to it. but to the negative: what you have posted here lately feels more like sketches, with rather unpolished sounddesign and mixes. also this one feels a bit much like an attempt to reproduce existing music to me. dont you wanna try to flesh out and individualize your material more, maybe by taking some weeks or days to iterate on it and polish it? i think that could result in some really great music.

mimidancer

13 Apr 2024

Chizmata wrote:
13 Apr 2024
hey mimi, im gonna be a bit straight on this one. i think that you are very talented, especially in terms of progression. And your sound, as rough as it feels sometimes, always has a certain magic to it. but to the negative: what you have posted here lately feels more like sketches, with rather unpolished sounddesign and mixes. also this one feels a bit much like an attempt to reproduce existing music to me. dont you wanna try to flesh out and individualize your material more, maybe by taking some weeks or days to iterate on it and polish it? i think that could result in some really great music.
Thanks for the feedback. I know I am not a producer. I also have no delusions about my songs and my abilities. These pieces are snapshots of where I was at and what I was feeling on a given day. And though I understand you are pushing me to be better. but the truth is this is just a hobby. It appears that letting my guard down and sharing where I am on a given day was a mistake. I will refrain from posting music here in the future. Please be well. I hope you are making music you like. I will leave the posting to actual producers.

Chizmata

14 Apr 2024

mimidancer wrote:
13 Apr 2024
Chizmata wrote:
13 Apr 2024
Thanks for the feedback. I know I am not a producer. I also have no delusions about my songs and my abilities. These pieces are snapshots of where I was at and what I was feeling on a given day. And though I understand you are pushing me to be better. but the truth is this is just a hobby. It appears that letting my guard down and sharing where I am on a given day was a mistake. I will refrain from posting music here in the future. Please be well. I hope you are making music you like. I will leave the posting to actual producers.
my goodness, slow down there. of course you shouldnt stop posting because of my comment. i realize not everyone is that ambitious, thats why i wrote "dont you wanna try out". but if you dont, thats fine.

• Information