(House/Tech house ?) Sambal

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

04 Apr 2024

i am always making tracks, best way to keep learning i find.

Here is the latest, genre wise it is some sort of house

FrankJaeger

05 Apr 2024

I was initially not fond of the first bass sound that came in, but was completely won over as the track progressed. Love the vibe on this.

And I agree that "always making tracks" (and experimenting) is the best way to learn.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

Popey
Competition Winner

06 Apr 2024

FrankJaeger wrote:
05 Apr 2024
I was initially not fond of the first bass sound that came in, but was completely won over as the track progressed. Love the vibe on this.

And I agree that "always making tracks" (and experimenting) is the best way to learn.
Thanks for the listen and positive words 👍

tomusurp

06 Apr 2024

Love to hear that you are consistent with releasing tracks. Definitely some tech house vibes. Nice chill drums. What stands out to me is the great choice of sounds. They all sound good together. The running mid bassy synth is cool. My favorite element is probably those reese bass notes. If I had to change something, I would introduce a real break and buildup at 2:00 because keep in mind the drums have been going on for 2 minutes, but that's just me, there are loads of popular tracks where the drums keep playing
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

WolfZeit

09 Apr 2024

Lovely percussion riff. Really like the deep raspy synth. The vocals work great here and have been EQed well. Only comment I'd make is that around 1.35, when the vocal looping gets more complex for a few seconds, I'd let them briefly take more of a centre-stage. The track moves well and sounds great.

RTFX

09 Apr 2024

Love it!
Got my groove on!
I like the bassline in the start with that ‘dancing’ lfo.
That horn sound that comes is at 1:30 fits the mood very well. Played live or midi or some player/arp?
This is a track Stephan Bodzin couldve made.
In my book thats a compliment👍👍
Lovely percussion towards the end.
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2024

tomusurp wrote:
06 Apr 2024
Love to hear that you are consistent with releasing tracks. Definitely some tech house vibes. Nice chill drums. What stands out to me is the great choice of sounds. They all sound good together. The running mid bassy synth is cool. My favorite element is probably those reese bass notes. If I had to change something, I would introduce a real break and buildup at 2:00 because keep in mind the drums have been going on for 2 minutes, but that's just me, there are loads of popular tracks where the drums keep playing
Thanks for listening Tomusurp.

Appreciate the kind words about the sounds i tend to make them for each track or at the most tweak presets as i hate searching for sounds when trying to create songs as it takes me out of the flow. I would agree about a break and something to think about moving forward but i am trying to get away from using my normal approach to a big drop so experimenting with different things. Not sure i hit the mark this time but with each track we learn :)

Popey
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
09 Apr 2024
Lovely percussion riff. Really like the deep raspy synth. The vocals work great here and have been EQed well. Only comment I'd make is that around 1.35, when the vocal looping gets more complex for a few seconds, I'd let them briefly take more of a centre-stage. The track moves well and sounds great.
Thanks Wolfzeit :thumbup:

Popey
Competition Winner

09 Apr 2024

RTFX wrote:
09 Apr 2024
Love it!
Got my groove on!
I like the bassline in the start with that ‘dancing’ lfo.
That horn sound that comes is at 1:30 fits the mood very well. Played live or midi or some player/arp?
This is a track Stephan Bodzin couldve made.
In my book thats a compliment👍👍
Lovely percussion towards the end.
Thanks RTFX.

The horn sound is serum and i wish i could play that live (or any instrument), i just jam away on my push 2 and keep the bits i like :lol:

Not that i am at his standard but i will take any comparisons with Stephan Bodzin.

Percussions are mostly objekt sent through ouroborous and then eq'ed etc. objekt is definately my percussion go to

mimidancer

10 Apr 2024

Love the energy. would dance.

Popey
Competition Winner

11 Apr 2024

mimidancer wrote:
10 Apr 2024
Love the energy. would dance.
Thanks mimi 👍

• Information