[pounding techno] RNW - untitled [wip] [preview] [152 bpm]

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Rising Night Wave

23 Mar 2024

my latest and newest song. i started creating it yesterday. it took me just a few hours to almost finish it.
as said... song is not finished yet. it needs just few things to be done and corrected and adjusted.
i need to install some izotopes vst plugins so i will be able to correct that clicking and poping at some parts.

it is techno, uptempo, pretty hard by genre/style. the tempo is 152 BPM. the length is i thing just the rgiht. not too long and not too short. almost long as shrubbery. :lol:

this song reminds me of henry cullen's music under the name d.a.v.e. the drummer. some sort of pounding techno i onced noticed it is called like this.

so... here is the song:

so far song is untitled. have no idea how to name it. if you have any idea or suggestions name it. and also if you feel like to comment please put some comment.

as always... thumbs up! :thumbup:
Rising Night Wave & Extus at SoundCloud
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400
SW: Windows 11 Pro | Reason 10 | Reason+

Chizmata

23 Mar 2024

holy crap, forcing youself through the low end struggle has paid off! sadly the sequence with the rides loses a bit of power.

Rising Night Wave

25 Mar 2024

Chizmata wrote:
23 Mar 2024
holy crap, forcing youself through the low end struggle has paid off! sadly the sequence with the rides loses a bit of power.
well, thank you. :-)
am... what's wrong with the cymbals, if you don't mind asking it? :cry:
HW: Asus ROG Strix G513QM | Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd Gen | M-Audio M3-8 | M-Audio Uber Mic | Shure SRH1840 | Shure SE215 | LG 49UK6400

Chizmata

25 Mar 2024

Rising Night Wave wrote:
25 Mar 2024
Chizmata wrote:
23 Mar 2024
well, thank you. :-)
am... what's wrong with the cymbals, if you don't mind asking it? :cry:
i feel like they take away a bit of the power of the track when this should actually be the most powerful part. hard to tell whats going on, they just feel a bit too present and maybe a bit too centered to me. they might also be slightly masking some other frequencies that are important for the powerful expression of the track, maybe the click of the kicks - a litte eq or sidechain compression might help in that case. also, have you checked them in a visual EQ? there might be hidden low frequencies that need to be filtered out.

Rising Night Wave

26 Mar 2024

damn. it's almost 5:00 in the morning. i am all like owl. handicaped owl. i mean, eardicaped owl. f*k.

i was hard working on this song the whole night.

okey, so here is the new version of this song.

i have heavely remixed it and heavely remastered it.
i also eq-ed it totally.

i just hope it sounds good.

and about low ends. i hope i filtered it good enough and mixed it also good enough.

so... here it is:

problem is that i do not have any more the previous version of project file. i oversaved it. so... what it is, it is. please focus on new version with your comments.
i would appreciate it, if you leave some.

and as always thumbs up.

ps: i am not sure about cymbals. i had some problems with tuning them. i hope they sound okey and also good. and that they are not too loud.
ps2: aha. i named the song. i forgot to mention it. it's called "Endless Vibe!".
ps3: an i squeezed out all the decibels that i could.

Chizmata

27 Mar 2024

Rising Night Wave wrote:
26 Mar 2024
damn. it's almost 5:00 in the morning. i am all like owl. handicaped owl. i mean, eardicaped owl. f*k.

i also eq-ed it totally.

and about low ends. i hope i filtered it good enough and mixed it also good enough.

so... here it is:

problem is that i do not have any more the previous version of project file. i oversaved it. so... what it is, it is. please focus on new version with your comments.

and as always thumbs up.

ps: i am not sure about cymbals. i had some problems with tuning them. i hope they sound okey and also good. and that they are not too loud.
ps2: aha. i named the song. i forgot to mention it. it's called "Endless Vibe!".
ill only comment on the rides, because i thought the rest was great in the first version already: seems like you thinned the ride's spectrum out a little an added more stereo width. i think that helps and they are in a good place now.

Rising Night Wave

27 Mar 2024

Chizmata wrote:
27 Mar 2024
Rising Night Wave wrote:
26 Mar 2024

i also eq-ed it totally.

so... here it is:

and as always thumbs up.

ill only comment on the rides, because i thought the rest was great in the first version already: seems like you thinned the ride's spectrum out a little an added more stereo width. i think that helps and they are in a good place now.
well, okey Chizmata... thank you. :puf_smile:

tomusurp

28 Mar 2024

i like darker mixes, i tend to supress highs and mids quite a bit so it's less fatiguing on the ears

i would sidechain the kick to that percussive texture sound or at the very least automate it by volume or sidechain to duck only when the clicky part of that moving texture hits with the kick

all in the all the beat drops nicely at 1:42. halfway through the drop after about 2:05 I would have changed something up a bit or even added another element or idea to make the drop go even harder but nonetheless still a great section

for the outro part around 3:41 I would lowpass the kick quite low, only because the kicks have been hitting for 3 minutes straight and this effect would reduce the fatigue

overall it's very good and i like the structure of it, kind of straight to the point, only thing I would change is what I said above and also different sound selection for some of the percussion elements
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

WolfZeit

29 Mar 2024

Good pounding, driving start to the track. Lots of energy and great tension. I like the build up to the cymbals (keep them in, they work well) and the introduction of the Claps work well. The only thing I'd suggest changing is have the repeating vocals ''Endless Vibe'' to have some type of filter/phaser on them so theres a bit of variation to the sound, to keep it sounding fresh.

Rising Night Wave wrote:
26 Mar 2024

i also eq-ed it totally.

so... here it is:

and as always thumbs up.

Rising Night Wave

29 Mar 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
29 Mar 2024
Good pounding, driving start to the track. Lots of energy and great tension. I like the build up to the cymbals (keep them in, they work well) and the introduction of the Claps work well. The only thing I'd suggest changing is have the repeating vocals ''Endless Vibe'' to have some type of filter/phaser on them so theres a bit of variation to the sound, to keep it sounding fresh.

Rising Night Wave wrote:
26 Mar 2024

i also eq-ed it totally.

so... here it is:

and as always thumbs up.

aha. okey. i got it. perhaps i should try it. thank you.

• Information