(EDM) Pet Shop Boys - Left To My Own Devices remix

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
WolfZeit

16 Mar 2024

I've done a remix of one of my favourite Pet Shop Boys songs, Left To My Own Devices. The brilliant music production by Trever Horn and Stephen Lipson on the original version is one of the things that first got me fascinated with music. For years I've wished there was also a fast and hard version of this track, so I've done one 🙂 Any feedback or contructive criticism very welcome 👍🏻 Thanks.

moalla

16 Mar 2024

Nice Telex like sounding PetShopBoys remix :cool:

WolfZeit

16 Mar 2024

moalla wrote:
16 Mar 2024
Nice Telex like sounding PetShopBoys remix :cool:
Thanks Moalla 👍🏻 I had to go google Telex. I'm sitting listening to Moskow Diskow and I see what you mean 🙂

tomusurp

25 Mar 2024

I like it, sounds like mix of acid and minimal techno. The non-chalant vocals fit interestingly for the most part but in some areas starting around 2:05 the vocal key sounds off. But the parts where he's not raising his voice sounds fine. Overall interesting listen and the beat is definitely the best part. Mixed well and clear. Interesting melodies and nice thumping kick and bass tail
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

Baylo

25 Mar 2024

Big PSB fan here. I enjoyed this a lot. But I agree that the chords on the chorus don’t sound quite right. I seem to recall they are a bit weird in reality (thinking back to teenage me with the piano/vocal score of Introspective).

Where did you get the vocal? Or is it an AI extraction?

Thank you for posting - made my day.

WolfZeit

27 Mar 2024

Thanks Tomusurp and Baylo for having a listening and the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it. Baylo, I extracted the vocal using either Serato (which you can get for free) or Izotope's RX Audio Extractor - its been a while since I grabbed that vocal and I can't recall which one worked best on it. Re the chords/key, I got the track's melodies from a MIDI website, Sadly I'm not musically trained enough to recreate something complicated like that. Was it the whole background melody that felt wrong? (bass/synths etc) or just one element? Thanks again for taking the time and the encourgaing words.

• Information