[industrial techno/experimental electronic/ambient/field recordings] whitegold&monolith: In The American Fields

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

08 Mar 2024

Hi, so this is the result of a recording project I've been working on for almost half a year, including nearly a month of just mixing and engineering. If the last thing I posted was my Beyond the Valley of the Dolls then this is like Tarkovsky's Stalker.

I only used hardware synths and drum machines though the effects are REs, the samples are mostly snippets of random YouTube videos, and I mainly used room tones and field recordings I made myself from around either my house in Wellington or in central Auckland although some are from https://freesound.org/. Here's a list of the synths I used if you want to nerd out:

Moog: Mother 32, Subharmonicon, DFAM, Matriarch.
Roland: SH4-D.
Arturia: Microfreak, Minibrute 2 S, Drumbrute Impact.
Waldorf: Blofeld.
ASM: Hydrasynth.
Behringer: Model 55, Neutron, Wasp, ARP 2600 Blue Marvin.
Korg: MS-20, Monologue.
Dreadbox: Typhon.

It's long, and it's quite dark. I deliberately made it quite low end heavy so play it with a sub bass if you have one, although it sounds pretty good on headphones. I dunno, I guess because has like dominated my life for the last while I'm really proud of it, so hopefully other people will invest some time in listening to it and enjoy it too.

Bloma

08 Mar 2024

Just having a quick skim through but it sounds fucking tasty. 'Girl' has some nasty smooth vibes. It does indeed sound good on headphones.

rorystorm

09 Mar 2024

Thanks!

Chizmata

10 Mar 2024

listening to track one and while i liked the atmospheric start, the wonderful groove/melody part that came in later hooked me. gonna listen some more later.

Chizmata

11 Mar 2024

Chizmata wrote:
10 Mar 2024
listening to track one and while i liked the atmospheric start, the wonderful groove/melody part that came in later hooked me. gonna listen some more later.
did so, took in some more tracks and i think its a good work overall.

rorystorm

11 Mar 2024

Chizmata wrote:
11 Mar 2024
Chizmata wrote:
10 Mar 2024
Cool, thanks. Put a lot of work into this one so its good to know people are giving it a listen.

Chizmata

11 Mar 2024

rorystorm wrote:
11 Mar 2024
Chizmata wrote:
11 Mar 2024

Cool, thanks. Put a lot of work into this one so its good to know people are giving it a listen.
yes it would be a shame if it just rotted

• Information