(metal, electro) Violet Dread - album

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Bloma

08 Mar 2024

Hey guys, a friend and I made an album, all created in Reason 11.

I used Emissary for the distorted guitars, and Kuassa Creme for the cleans. We recorded the vocals in the living room, so not ideal but I think it came out alright. Pretty much all hardware for the sounds, TR-8 for drums, with some layered Power Drum Kit sometimes, Roland System-1 for synth, and my 7 string for bass through the Softube Bass Amp.

I used a Boss CE-3 chorus, and MXR delay on the guitars, and lots of Softube FET, OTT, Synapse GQ-7, Synapse Reverb.

Overall pretty happy with it but I went a bit too hard on layers of guitars and FX, and our next batch of songs already hit harder IMO, with a more restrained layering approach.

For the cover we hired a smoke machine and took a generator into the forest, and my wife took the photos, then edited them and designed the whole package.

In terms of recommended songs, I'm most fond of Crying, Stitch up the Bleed, The Grind, and The Weight.

Any feedback is welcome, if you like it or not.

• Information