(Electronic / Super Audio Cart) - Follow My Lead

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2024

I haven't spent time with Reason in quite some time now. This is the first track I've done this year. The most prominent instrument in this track is Super Audio Cart. It's used for the main lead, bass, pads, kick and snare.
I might go back and make smaller tweaks to the mix and arrangement later on, but this will do for now.

WolfZeit

25 Feb 2024

Great melody. Lovely full-sounding production. I really like the harmonies and fade around 2.17. Out of curiosity, are you a keyboard player? It feels like, listening to this.

crimsonwarlock

25 Feb 2024

OK, just when I convinced myself I don't need Super Audio Cart.... :shock:

Really nice track. It does have that mod-tracker feel to it, probably also because of SAC :puf_wink: This style is what I like best from what you do, although the quality is always there. It sounds still a bit like a rough mix, but you already mentioned it's not yet ready. Looking forward to the final version.
-------
Analog tape ⇒ ESQ1 sequencer board ⇒ Atari/Steinberg Pro24 ⇒ Atari/Cubase ⇒ Cakewalk Sonar ⇒ Orion Pro/Platinum ⇒ Reaper ⇒ Reason DAW.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2024

WolfZeit wrote:
25 Feb 2024
Great melody. Lovely full-sounding production. I really like the harmonies and fade around 2.17. Out of curiosity, are you a keyboard player? It feels like, listening to this.
Not really a keyboard player, but I can see why you'd think that as this song is very synth lead heavy. I can do some very basic playing, but not more than that. I'm originally a guitarist. However when I make music in Reason I pretty much programme everything directly in the sequencer.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2024

crimsonwarlock wrote:
25 Feb 2024
OK, just when I convinced myself I don't need Super Audio Cart.... :shock:

Really nice track. It does have that mod-tracker feel to it, probably also because of SAC :puf_wink: This style is what I like best from what you do, although the quality is always there. It sounds still a bit like a rough mix, but you already mentioned it's not yet ready. Looking forward to the final version.
Thanks. Yes it's definitely tracker-inspired. :puf_smile: Mix wise it's a bit tricky with a song like this. Since it is pretty basic sound wise and retro influenced I don't want the production to be too polished with too much modern production techniques. I want some rawness left. But at the same time I don't want it to sound bad of course. Like I said I think I'll leave it for now and maybe revisit after a few months to listen to it again with fresh ears. That's one thing I've learned from my last couple of EP projects, is that it can be quite a good idea to make several songs and finish them as good as you can. And then after all the tracks are written you can go back to see if you want to make any changes. I might do that here as well.

WolfZeit

25 Feb 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
25 Feb 2024
WolfZeit wrote:
25 Feb 2024
Not really a keyboard player, but I can see why you'd think that as this song is very synth lead heavy. I can do some very basic playing, but not more than that. I'm originally a guitarist. However when I make music in Reason I pretty much programme everything directly in the sequencer.
Well thats impressive then. And also slightly depressing, because it means I really need to up my Sequencer Game lol :-)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2024

Updated the mix. Mainly I've pushed all the leads/melodies a bit more forward. Essentially that's what this song is about, the leads.

• Information