[lofi house] 4-trax: culturediscolooptrash

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
rorystorm

14 Feb 2024

hi, here's an album of quick and dirty lo fi house I recorded over the Christmas break while I was house sitting for my sister in Auckland. I did the whole thing in about four days so it's pretty fg rugged but that's kind of what I was going for. I've never really made anything like this before - normally my electronica is more straightforward 4 to the floor techno, and the stuff I've been working on is very dark and gloomy so it was nice to play with something that's more fun and partyparty.

PhillipOrdonez

14 Feb 2024

Love some parts of the second track before the chaos took over. The first one had parts of a good bassline which could turn into a proper cool tune as well with the right elements. I would put in the time to clean these up as they have potential but are currently way too rough and messy.

rorystorm

14 Feb 2024

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
14 Feb 2024
Love some parts of the second track before the chaos took over. The first one had parts of a good bassline which could turn into a proper cool tune as well with the right elements. I would put in the time to clean these up as they have potential but are currently way too rough and messy.
Thanks for listening man! Yeah, I was really trying to go for something the opposite of the project I've been working on which has taken me six months so far and is really polished. I really like recordings which aren't "finished" like old school rave white labels and cassette underground stuff and thats how I intended this to sound, kind of dirty and spontaneously thrown together. I was kind of thinking of it as being a bit like a combination of the rougher bits of Homework and the first Cobra Killer album.

jappe

07 Mar 2024

End System: Sounds good to me. I liked the reverse handclaps sequence from 1:07

Hostess: Sounds a bit like Aphex Twin

Bell: Sounds solid; I like the beat. Vocals in this would be cool.

On Your Way: A bit piercing hihats/high bell sound

Lucky: At 00:18 there's a piercing resonant sound that doesn't sound so pleasant to me. But other than that this is nice. Really good energy.

Supremes: Daft Punk vs Aphex Twin in an alternate universe

Afterparty: In the intro there is a resonant high pitched piercing sound again, like in Lucky. Also 1:31-1:36.

Like A Dog, Performance, Head Slot: Again a bit piercing mix.

I like Bell and End System the most.

Regarding the piercing sounds: I have tinnitus issues atm so that's a disclaimer, perhaps it sounds ok to others - any second opinions out there?

Selected mainstream versions of these would be nice to hear - and with vocals.

Overall, nice experimental music, well done!

rorystorm

08 Mar 2024

jappe wrote:
07 Mar 2024
End System: Sounds good to me. I liked the reverse handclaps sequence from 1:07

Hostess: Sounds a bit like Aphex Twin

Bell: Sounds solid; I like the beat. Vocals in this would be cool.

On Your Way: A bit piercing hihats/high bell sound

Lucky: At 00:18 there's a piercing resonant sound that doesn't sound so pleasant to me. But other than that this is nice. Really good energy.

Supremes: Daft Punk vs Aphex Twin in an alternate universe

Afterparty: In the intro there is a resonant high pitched piercing sound again, like in Lucky. Also 1:31-1:36.

Like A Dog, Performance, Head Slot: Again a bit piercing mix.

I like Bell and End System the most.

Regarding the piercing sounds: I have tinnitus issues atm so that's a disclaimer, perhaps it sounds ok to others - any second opinions out there?

Selected mainstream versions of these would be nice to hear - and with vocals.

Overall, nice experimental music, well done!
Daft Punk vs Aphex Twin in an alternate universe is definitely where I was headed. Interesting what you're saying about the high end sounds, I'll give them a run through and see - like I said, was recorded and mixed very quickly so...... it's all pretty rugged. anyway, thank you for your input !! About to post my massive project that is very different, have a listen and see what you think.

• Information