[TECH HOUSE] YOU NEED PRAYER

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

21 Jan 2024

Ok - I haven't posted here for a few months. Wanted to just hide away and improve my technique. Been working on this track 'You need prayer' for a few days now.

I started producing this track with just a super tight kick and bassline.. then added a few synth arp and stab lines in the mid-range. When it gets to a bit later in the track I strip it right down with just the kick, clap, bass and 'Heys', and I think they stand up on their own without needing anything else. Then spent an age adding hats and perc (lots or perc - that take the mid and low range) which I tried to get them to slot neatly in without dominating. I even added this grass-hopper insect noise as a groove in certain sections... it fades in slowly, and keeps the groove interesting. I played around with the Echo rack on a separate aux bus that just takes some of vocals and drags them into the distance... and added a pitch shifter after it that either goes down or up in pitch. It's used in different ways, on the "Heys", backing singers and rap.

Thoughts? I'll come back to this with clear ears and reassess.
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information