From Here To Here: Big L Fat Joe The Enemy Remix

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
wowhow
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2024

Hey this is a remix I whipped up using Ghibli "Spirited Away" samples and acapellas from The Enemy by Big L and Fat Joe! The samples were chopped up using Serato Sample while the whole production of the track is done through Reason 12.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2024

A very unique experiment, to say the least. Fortunately, afaik, in the US they still haven't realized the enormous sampling potential of Joe Hisaishi's music...just kidding...but not too much.
I must say that the pairing works, although perhaps it could have used a less pissed off and softer flow, but in any case I think the drums should be more prominent in the mix, especially the kick drum.

Nice idea! さようなら!

wowhow
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2024

I decided to delete the track! The timing is all off..and yea, the kick is very low in the mix.
It sounded alright yesterday when making the track but it's probably because I just liked the experimentation of Joe Hisaishi Spirited Away samples with Big L's/Fat Joe's Flow.

Thanks for listening and thanks for the feedback!

avasopht
Competition Winner

13 Jan 2024

Hey, I had a listen.

Line your instrumental up with the original instrumental (along with the acapella on another track) so that the lyrics hit right.

And don't feel afraid to use APE to alter the vocal flow to better fit the beat.

The instrumental itself was nice! You're onto something.

wowhow
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2024

Thank you for the listen and the compliment! I'll try that!

Also, If you don't mind saying, can you tell me what APE means?

avasopht
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2024

wowhow wrote:
15 Jan 2024
Thank you for the listen and the compliment! I'll try that!

Also, If you don't mind saying, can you tell me what APE means?
Audio pitch editor.

You can switch between vocal, drum and general mode stretching to manipulate vocals.

wowhow
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2024

Oh, right! Thank you!

• Information