(eletronic) Apricity

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mimidancer

04 Jan 2024

A sketch. I like it but it is rough. Used crave, DFAM, Model D, Microfreak, Brains into Captain Big O's wavefolder then into s Schlapi's 100 grit filter, Redrum, and the Ensoniq TS10. Need to work out some lyrics and a c-section. I am going to sing at bar 17, but need to finish the lyrics. Sharing for feedback. I know it is not mixed and I did nothing to master the track.

Popey
Competition Winner

04 Jan 2024

wow that sounds phat looking forward to seeing what you do with it lyrically. feedback wise only comment is i am not sure if the change at 1:17 is a bit abrupt (might be intentional) but only a minor grumble :)

mimidancer

04 Jan 2024

Popey wrote:
04 Jan 2024
wow that sounds phat looking forward to seeing what you do with it lyrically. feedback wise only comment is i am not sure if the change at 1:17 is a bit abrupt (might be intentional) but only a minor grumble :)
thanks for checking it out. I know I am not great, but dude, synths are fun.

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2024

mimidancer wrote:
04 Jan 2024
Popey wrote:
04 Jan 2024
thanks for checking it out. I know I am not great, but dude, synths are fun.
Too right, I only have soft synths and they are not the same as hardware but still a lot of fun. Look forward to hearing this piece once finished.

RTFX

05 Jan 2024

Finish this track!
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

05 Jan 2024

I like the mood of the track. :thumbs_up:
Looking forward to hear you sing on it. I don't think I've heard your vocals on any other track.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

07 Jan 2024

The sounds are very balanced with each other in terms of importance, I don't know if I am explaining this well, but I mean that although there are several interlaced melody lines there is no annoying crowding that forces you to concentrate to follow the flow of the track.

this is not the time to talk about mix (which is already good anyway) and mastering since no you haven't put your hand to it yet.

Obviously it will all depend very much on the vocal line and how you decide to put it in context.

I am very curious to hear what it will sound like!

Great job so far, gloomy, mysterious and rhythmic (my French house soul hopes you will give consistent weight to the kick, maybe with a pumped up sidechain, but I digress...)

mimidancer

08 Jan 2024

Quarmat wrote:
07 Jan 2024
The sounds are very balanced with each other in terms of importance, I don't know if I am explaining this well, but I mean that although there are several interlaced melody lines there is no annoying crowding that forces you to concentrate to follow the flow of the track.
Thanks for noticing. I wanted to build harmony with monophonic lines. the exception is on the TS10 where I played a simple bi-timbral part. I feel like sometimes we worry about the progression so much we forget to write lines. As for the kick, I dropped 3 samples in ReDrum and didn't do much except modulate the reverb on the snare. If one looked at it backward they might say I murder-ed the drums. Been quite busy the last few days. I hope to get back to it tomorrow. or later today if you want to be technical

jappe

03 Mar 2024

Agree with others, looking forward to hear this nice mysterious track with vocals!
I experimented with reciting "The Raven" by Edgar Allan Poe while listening to this, and it fits the mood well.

tomusurp

03 Mar 2024

Oh wow the melody is super cool on this one. Kinda like my style, a bit dark and emotional. And the break around 1:20 is also very fitting. Nice work. I'd love to collab. We might have similar but different enough styles to make something interesting.
"The hottest in the matrix"
My music:
https://www.youtube.com/@usurptom
https://www.usurptom.com

:reason: :re: :refill: :rt:

• Information