(Trance) Gonna Get Ya

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
WolfZeit

25 Dec 2023

I've remixed Don Grant's 1996 trance classic 'Gonna Get Ya'. Any feedback/advice welcome.

Mattvank

26 Dec 2023

Don't know the original but this track has potential. I have a lot of ideas for more,, dramatically musical improvements " but I think you will hear that too when you listen to that song in a few weeks again.

WolfZeit

26 Dec 2023

Mattvank wrote:
26 Dec 2023
Don't know the original but this track has potential. I have a lot of ideas for more,, dramatically musical improvements " but I think you will hear that too when you listen to that song in a few weeks again.
Thanks for having a listen :thumbs_up:

splitpen

29 Dec 2023

Nice solid track, congratz!
Brings me back to the early d-trance compilation days from Gary D,:)
The break could use some pads to extend the emotion of the melody.

A couple usefull techniques to let the drop hit harder:
-Filtersweep out the low end just before the drop hits.
-Narrowing down the stereo image the last bar of the break and bring it back at the drop
-A trick to let the drop kick a bit harder is to use a bit of level automation. bring it back just 1 - 2 db in the break and bring in back to 0 at the drop.
-You could also to this with level input before your mastering compressor.

On the drop is seems there's some distortion, maybe low cut / or sidechain the lows of the melody and bass a bit more on the drop, look for overlapping frequencies which create the distortion.
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

WolfZeit

30 Dec 2023

Hi Splitpen.

Thanks very much for having a listen and for the feedback and advice. I'm going to try out those drop tips you've given.

I followed your link and had a listen to the music on your Youtube page. That's a great collection of tracks there. Beautifully produced. I like your Rank 1 Awakening remix, its respectful to the original but brings a cheeky energy to it.

Thanks again.

splitpen

30 Dec 2023

Hi mate,

Thanks for your kind words🙏
Always try to find to learn and improve yourself and music is key.
Listening to other tracks of legends and try to build them from scratch you will learn a lot from it.
Making bootlegs is a very good way to learn.

It's good you ask for feedback on the forum👍
Got myself a honest wife at home which is always the first to judge my music before releasing and she has no mercy haha.
Don't be afraid to ask a true opinion from your friends etc. it will get you moving forward in the end.

Have a wonderful newyear and 2024!

🥂 Cheers
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

• Information