New EP "Luna" - (Chords, Textures, Ambience)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Dec 2023

My new project ”Luna”.
Some of you might have already heard some work-in-progress material. But here it all is finally finished. 5 tracks, each with its own personality and character.

”Chords, textures and ambience” has been the 3 words I’ve based this project on. They've guided me in my decisions and played a huge role in the overall direction of these songs.
There are of course melodies present here too, though they haven’t been the main focus. It's been more important to create an atmosphere/mood/image with the music than to write something catchy or super structured.
Just like with my last project ”Unknown Species” I’m sure that my newfound interest in visual art has had a big impact on how these songs turned out as well.

The album and individual tracks are available for free at my Bandcamp page in case anyone is interested in that.
Enjoy! :puf_smile:

Instruments used for each song:

Moonstone
Ambi Urban Ambience Generator, ChamberTronRE, Re-Tron, Vecto, Thor, ProjectSAM.

Sentimental
Europa, Grain, ProjectSAM, Legend.

Monsters
Megasaur, Dr OctoRex, Malström, Legend, Humana, Grain, ES101, Kong, Klang.

Serenity
Europa, FM4, Legend, Ambi Nature Ambience Generator, ProjectSAM.

Shrine
Ambi Urban Ambience Generator, Legend, Resonans, Klank Singing Bowls Generator, Processed Pianos, Kong, Megasaur, FM4, NN-XT.

The album image is created with crayion.

mimidancer

17 Dec 2023

Each piece is unique yet the project as a whole is cohesive. Lots of ear candy. Moonstone sets the mood. The is one has avery Depeche sound in that track. Love. Sentimental is smooth. The main theme is thoughtful. Then Monsters hits. The punch of the percussion on monsters is perfect. I found myself wiggling on the sofa as it played. Then right back to smooth with serenity. This piece was floaty like a cloud or maybe bubbles. Then you bring us to Shrine. The Detuned bells at the start feel like a departure from the rest but as it builds into the themes come right back. it is smooth again but the noise washes over the track and pushes it further away until it is gone. Lovely. I am jealous,

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Dec 2023

mimidancer wrote:
17 Dec 2023
Each piece is unique yet the project as a whole is cohesive. Lots of ear candy. Moonstone sets the mood. The is one has avery Depeche sound in that track. Love. Sentimental is smooth. The main theme is thoughtful. Then Monsters hits. The punch of the percussion on monsters is perfect. I found myself wiggling on the sofa as it played. Then right back to smooth with serenity. This piece was floaty like a cloud or maybe bubbles. Then you bring us to Shrine. The Detuned bells at the start feel like a departure from the rest but as it builds into the themes come right back. it is smooth again but the noise washes over the track and pushes it further away until it is gone. Lovely. I am jealous,
Thanks Mimi, really appreciate it. :puf_smile:
I'm quite pleased with how the project turned out. I did have to put a lot of effort into it though, especially since the direction I took it in isn't how I typically write music.
I'm glad to hear you say it sounds cohesive. I wasn't sure that would be the case since the songs are quite different from each other, especially Monsters.

sublunar

18 Dec 2023

I dig it, particularly Monsters and Shrine.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Dec 2023

sublunar wrote:
18 Dec 2023
I dig it, particularly Monsters and Shrine.
Thanks, appreciate it. :puf_smile:
Yes Monsters and Shrine are probably my favorites from this project as well. Those two and Serenity for me. I feel like these songs best encapsulated what I wanted to achieve with this project.

Reminiscence

22 Dec 2023

wow this is amazing...right down my valley...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Dec 2023

Reminiscence wrote:
22 Dec 2023
wow this is amazing...right down my valley...
Thanks, glad you like it. :-)

artmessiah

23 Dec 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Dec 2023

My new project ”Luna”.
Some of you might have already heard some work-in-progress material. But here it all is finally finished. 5 tracks, each with its own personality and character.

”Chords, textures and ambience” has been the 3 words I’ve based this project on. They've guided me in my decisions and played a huge role in the overall direction of these songs.
There are of course melodies present here too, though they haven’t been the main focus. It's been more important to create an atmosphere/mood/image with the music than to write something catchy or super structured.
Just like with my last project ”Unknown Species” I’m sure that my newfound interest in visual art has had a big impact on how these songs turned out as well.

The album and individual tracks are available for free at my Bandcamp page in case anyone is interested in that.
Enjoy! :puf_smile:

Instruments used for each song:

Moonstone
Ambi Urban Ambience Generator, ChamberTronRE, Re-Tron, Vecto, Thor, ProjectSAM.

Sentimental
Europa, Grain, ProjectSAM, Legend.

Monsters
Megasaur, Dr OctoRex, Malström, Legend, Humana, Grain, ES101, Kong, Klang.

Serenity
Europa, FM4, Legend, Ambi Nature Ambience Generator, ProjectSAM.

Shrine
Ambi Urban Ambience Generator, Legend, Resonans, Klank Singing Bowls Generator, Processed Pianos, Kong, Megasaur, FM4, NN-XT.

The album image is created with crayion.
Super dope stuff. Loved all of it :clap:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Dec 2023

artmessiah wrote:
23 Dec 2023
Super dope stuff. Loved all of it :clap:
Thanks. Nice to hear. :-)

• Information