(House/Techno) One Eye

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Popey
Competition Winner

30 Nov 2023

open to critique.

RTFX

02 Dec 2023

Chooon!!
No critique.
Yeah, maybe you couldve call it Cyclops😉
All my tracks on my YouTube channel⬇️ https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLK0j ... P0EoiuUkNO

Popey
Competition Winner

02 Dec 2023

RTFX wrote:
02 Dec 2023
Chooon!!
No critique.
Yeah, maybe you couldve call it Cyclops😉
😂😂😂 I quite like cyclops

Cheers for listening and positive feedback RTFX 👍

FrankJaeger

02 Dec 2023

This has a nice vibe to it. Made me want groove to it, nice work.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

splitpen

02 Dec 2023

The fundamental is in the song, but missing some direction like what do you want to tell with the track. Maybe use more tension and release with level and fx automation and layering, maybe some extra instruments. Listen to some famous songs in the genre and try if you could identify the instruments and layering, filter effects etc, trial and error but you will get there. My own basslines normaly existing out of 3 seperate basslines for example to get it nice and full. Keep it up Sailorman!
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2023

FrankJaeger wrote:
02 Dec 2023
This has a nice vibe to it. Made me want groove to it, nice work.
Thanks Frank 👍

Popey
Competition Winner

03 Dec 2023

splitpen wrote:
02 Dec 2023
The fundamental is in the song, but missing some direction like what do you want to tell with the track. Maybe use more tension and release with level and fx automation and layering, maybe some extra instruments. Listen to some famous songs in the genre and try if you could identify the instruments and layering, filter effects etc, trial and error but you will get there. My own basslines normaly existing out of 3 seperate basslines for example to get it nice and full. Keep it up Sailorman!
Thanks for the feedback split pen I am always looking to learn so that is helpful. For the bass I usually use 2 layers (sub and top bass) could I ask how you use 3? Is it a noise layer or another synth sound layered on top - appreciate it's probably different per song.

splitpen

03 Dec 2023

That the spirit! Yes, sub layer, compressed/ saturated and filtered back to get a steady low end. On Techno you mostly want it to stay within a minor change in volume when playing different notes. A mid bass layer which give the bass the character depending on the rhythm you can create accents on parts of the bassline with automation, create variation in length of the notes, or velocity settings in the synths/ matrix etc. and a top layer which can be a bit wider. Also a plugin to switch to mono and a waveform analyzer can help you too get insight in the kick and bass relation. Even the invert phase on the top of the mixer can change the relation of the kick and bass immediately. Try keep your kicks not to long as a guiding point, mostly 1/8
Latest track: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjzYHe3D8f8
Reasonstudios 11 Roland Quadcapture | AMD Ryzen 5900x|Elektron Analog Heat Mk2|Diy 3 way SB Acoustics/Scanspeak studiomonitors | AKG K702 | Key­sta­tion 61 MK3 |BCR2000 |X-Touch Ext | MP Midi

Popey
Competition Winner

05 Dec 2023

splitpen wrote:
03 Dec 2023
That the spirit! Yes, sub layer, compressed/ saturated and filtered back to get a steady low end. On Techno you mostly want it to stay within a minor change in volume when playing different notes. A mid bass layer which give the bass the character depending on the rhythm you can create accents on parts of the bassline with automation, create variation in length of the notes, or velocity settings in the synths/ matrix etc. and a top layer which can be a bit wider. Also a plugin to switch to mono and a waveform analyzer can help you too get insight in the kick and bass relation. Even the invert phase on the top of the mixer can change the relation of the kick and bass immediately. Try keep your kicks not to long as a guiding point, mostly 1/8
Thanks I will bear the above in mind :thumbs_up:

• Information