[TECHNO] LOOK MUM

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

18 Nov 2023

If you've ever seen LOOK MUM NO COMPUTER on YouTube, you know the guy brings a lot of experimentation and fun to the world of modular synthesis and resurrecting old pre-silicon chip electronic machinery, like telephone exchanges and Turing machines, and getting mad sounds out of them. He rambles on with such passion I thought this could be the basis of a track. And I'm pretty sure he'd like the idea that he's been morphed into a track!

I wanted this to sound absolutely raw, broken, have a mental big kick. I left in all of the happy mistakes... with a played "live" feel ... I went a little mad with everything really... but tried to keep a theme running.

Most glitches created using Infiltrator 2 and Shaperbox.

Hope you enjoy!

What's your thoughts?
Check my Soundcloud:

ChulaCoola

21 Nov 2023

Ah! Look Mum! I have seen a lot of his videos, which partly inspires my love for playing with synths and gates and cvs and sequencers and ... stuff!

I have seen his videos about the antique telephone exchange which he got working, the Nintendo sequencer wall, the 1000 oscillator synth, the Nixie tube sequencer, his trip to synthesizer heaven. And other stuff I forgot.
And he is a synth player/live performer. So that is even more interesting you put his voice into a song.

That was fantastic!
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

• Information