(Electronic Metal) - Synthetic Flesh - Songs that didn't make it (2012​-​2014)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

These are 3 songs I wrote for my Synthetic Flesh project during 2012-2014 that didn't make it to any album for various reasons.
Recently I decided to release these songs as an EP. I haven't made any changes to them since I first wrote them as I'm not a big fan of going back to "fix" older songs. They are what they are.
The last song "Triumph" I posted not too long ago, but I figured I might as well post the entire EP.

If anyone is interested, you can download the full EP or individual songs for free from the Bandcamp page.

Quarmat
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

Vortex has impressive Vektor vibes, even if the guitars are very electronic.
Catalyst could be the ULTIMATE final boss fight for almost any videogame. Impressive.
Triumph, with its groove-metal allure, is (predictably) my fav. Hints of Helmet, but that gorgeous section at 0.37 brings the track to another level. The melody line, is classic but not cheesy at all. Elegant.

Once again, accept my admiration for your songwriting. You are damn good and you move with enviable agility between genres, but I prefer you when you try your hand at 'vertical development' songs like these. Chapeau.

Marketblandings

17 Nov 2023

Let me echo Quarmat above. Tracks 1 and 2 are technically impressive but Track 3 gives us a really well developed piece of music using those techniques.
Well done!

robussc

17 Nov 2023

I would not have been surprised to find Triumph on the latest Gunship album tbh. Powerful stuff.

Wouldn't mind having a crack at some vocal on top of it... if you wouldn't object? (It'll probably go nowhere but the music is so compelling!)
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

robussc wrote:
17 Nov 2023
I would not have been surprised to find Triumph on the latest Gunship album tbh. Powerful stuff.

Wouldn't mind having a crack at some vocal on top of it... if you wouldn't object? (It'll probably go nowhere but the music is so compelling!)
Thanks, appreciate the nice words.
Regarding vocals, I have to be honest and upfront, I really don't want any vocals on these tracks. I've been asked about it before by other people. The whole point of this Synthetic Flesh project was pretty much to have it sound very computerized and non human. With titles like "Deuhumanized", "Mechanical Mayhem" etc. I take it as a great compliment whenever someone asks to do vocals, because it means they like it. But adding vocals to it couldn't be further away from my own vision for this project.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 17 Nov 2023, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

Quarmat wrote:
17 Nov 2023
Vortex has impressive Vektor vibes, even if the guitars are very electronic.
Catalyst could be the ULTIMATE final boss fight for almost any videogame. Impressive.
Triumph, with its groove-metal allure, is (predictably) my fav. Hints of Helmet, but that gorgeous section at 0.37 brings the track to another level. The melody line, is classic but not cheesy at all. Elegant.

Once again, accept my admiration for your songwriting. You are damn good and you move with enviable agility between genres, but I prefer you when you try your hand at 'vertical development' songs like these. Chapeau.
Thanks Quarmat, appreciate the nice words.
Maybe I should have added that there are no guitars in these songs. It's all synths and effects from Reason. That was part of the whole idea behind this project. "Can I make electronic music with a metal edge to it?".
Yes I think my natural tendency is to write very straight forward songs that gets to the point fast. But styles may vary a lot.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2023

Marketblandings wrote:
17 Nov 2023
Let me echo Quarmat above. Tracks 1 and 2 are technically impressive but Track 3 gives us a really well developed piece of music using those techniques.
Well done!
Thanks. I agree that track 3 is the strongest song, song writing wise. Might be one of my strongest moments melodically speaking.

robussc

17 Nov 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Nov 2023
robussc wrote:
17 Nov 2023

Regarding vocals, I have to be honest and upfront, I really don't want any vocals on these tracks. I've been asked about it before by other people. The whole point of this Synthetic Flesh project was pretty much to have it sound very computerized and non human. With titles like "Deuhumanized", "Mechanical Mayhem" etc. I take it as a great compliment whenever someone asks to do vocals, because it means they like it. But adding vocals to it couldn't be further away from my own vision for this project.
Completely understand, no worries. Congrats again on creating such an evocative piece!
Software: Reason 12 + Objekt, Vintage Vault 4, V-Collection 9 + Pigments, Vintage Verb + Supermassive
Hardware: M1 Mac mini + dual monitors, Launchkey 61, Scarlett 18i20, Rokit 6 monitors, AT4040 mic, DT-990 Pro phones

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2023

robussc wrote:
17 Nov 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
17 Nov 2023

Completely understand, no worries. Congrats again on creating such an evocative piece!
Thanks, I appreciate it. :puf_smile:

JC1

18 Nov 2023

This is awesome Tritone! I love it. I think you're at your best when you do this kind of stuff.

The production is fantastic, and the song order and songs themselves are done in a clear, coherent and logical progression, so from end to end it's an exciting and interesting listen.

You're quite prolific Tritone, it's amazing how much top quality stuff you're producing. You seem to have all the gears and the pedals and the levers at your beckon call to do all of your bidding no matter how crazy or intense you want to be.

I know this was addressed before, but I for one would actually love to hear a vocal on some of that, if only to hear what perspective could be brought to it.
But if it is indeed your will to not go down that path, then it is done.

Anyway, well done on a great three piece of electronic mastery, you are an inspiration to myself and everyone here and a legitimate artist to the craft ✌️🎧🎛️🎚️🛠️
ESP Edwards | VOX Valvetronix AD100VTH | TC Electronic | RODE | KORG | Reason 8 :reason: |

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Nov 2023

JC1 wrote:
18 Nov 2023
This is awesome Tritone! I love it. I think you're at your best when you do this kind of stuff.

The production is fantastic, and the song order and songs themselves are done in a clear, coherent and logical progression, so from end to end it's an exciting and interesting listen.

You're quite prolific Tritone, it's amazing how much top quality stuff you're producing. You seem to have all the gears and the pedals and the levers at your beckon call to do all of your bidding no matter how crazy or intense you want to be.

I know this was addressed before, but I for one would actually love to hear a vocal on some of that, if only to hear what perspective could be brought to it.
But if it is indeed your will to not go down that path, then it is done.

Anyway, well done on a great three piece of electronic mastery, you are an inspiration to myself and everyone here and a legitimate artist to the craft ✌️🎧🎛️🎚️🛠️
Thanks for the compliments. :-)

Yep, like you mentioned I don't want to put any vocals on this project, or any of my projects in fact, unless that was the intention from the start. Back when I used to write these songs for this Synthetic Flesh project I got quite a few comments saying "You should add guitars" and "You should add vocals". But I was always very clear that was not what I wanted for this project. There are millions of bands with guitars and vocals for people who's looking for that. I just wanted this to be something different. I'm glad I stuck to my vision and didn't get persuaded by other peoples opinions, or else I fear that this project would simply sound like any other band.
I personally like when artists do music and art for themselves first and foremost, rather than tailor it for an audience. Sure it might become a bit selfish and self indulgent doing it that way, but I'd rather have that then the artist compromising their art to please other people.

About the Synthetic Flesh project, I first started it as an experiment, to make metal influenced electronic music, with no guitars. I ended up making 30 songs for it. And I feel like I milked the idea as much as I could. At the end I kind of burned out on it and started making more of other types music. If I ever go back to making more songs for the project, it's gonna be because I feel a genuine desire to do it.
But if you like these tracks there a plenty more of them on my youtube channel.
In case you're interested, here are a few others from the same project:

• Information