[TECHNO] RS Science Fair 150

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

04 Nov 2023

I had this idea... I bet those Radio Shack Science Fair 150 electronic kits we had as a kid would make a fun rave synth. Ok - it doesn't have USB or MIDI control, but sampling always works! I remember when I was a kid you could get the speaker to really tick with the saw waves.... and you could get these totally mental and unstable sweeping pitch bends... so here goes... how unstable can I get this thing?

Takes me back to the rave days. Thoughts??
Check my Soundcloud:

ChulaCoola

04 Nov 2023

Hey, I had one of those kits.
So that is what I was supposed to do with that thing. I didn't know it was techno kit. I thought it was an electronics kit.

Though I am not a big Techno fan, I sure heard my fair share of it in the extreme southwest U.S. - i.e., San Diego/Tijuana. Not bad I'd venture to say. Though I think the idea for Techno is for dance and most dance songs went longer than that- probably at least 5 minutes. I remember on Friday nights after work, the guys and I at work would all go down to Moose McGillicuddy's where there was a pretty sizable dance floor. Eat buffalo wings, drink, get silly on the floor, dance with girls you would normally never dance with just to dance. Some songs were long enough to wear me out.

As Archie/Edith would say - "Those WERE THE DAYS!!!!!!!!"
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

• Information