Ambiant Industrial (now I am making shit up)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
mimidancer

20 Oct 2023

I composed this track today using the Microfreak, DFAM, Polybrute, Wavestate, Brains, Model D, UMPF retro through Runia (sofa king nasty), and a 303. It is raw and dirty. Just like my mind. But needs work. Let me know if you like it.

selig
RE Developer

20 Oct 2023

Lives up to the title/genre, does not disappoint!
The main ambient sound reminds me of my Cloud Terrarium module (wavetable morphing/clouds), sweet!
And a nice balance between the instruments/moods, will be interesting to see where you go with this one. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

mimidancer

20 Oct 2023

selig wrote:
20 Oct 2023
The main ambient sound reminds me of my Cloud Terrarium module (wavetable morphing/clouds), sweet!
And a nice balance between the instruments/moods, will be interesting to see where you go with this one. :)
That is the microfreak in grains mode with an esq1 vox sample. thanks for listening. I am modulating with 5 lfos from the little lfo. not that anyone cares but as a dork I felt compelled to tell you.

mimidancer

24 Oct 2023

bossa wrote:
21 Oct 2023
I like it!
thanks.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

27 Oct 2023

Nice tune. I like the dark mysterious atmosphere. The 303 in the end was nice too.
Gotta spend some more time with Ruina at some point. I tried your tip a few days a go, to feed it some simpler sounds and I did get way better results.

jappe

20 Mar 2024

Wonderful intro: a humanized chainsaw smooth enough for an ASMR focus session rather than Sleep therapy. Overall a nice template to work on imo.

Some thoughts:

The chainsaw is a main theme throughout the tune.

I'm curious what you could come up with if you:

* Had it in the intro and as an "ostinato" from start to end, but take down the volume a lot after the intro and let other sounds rule the foreground in segments. Occasionally popping up again to remind us of the main theme.
And perhaps fade it out after the intro sufficiently so that 0:43 feels like a starting shot and 02:24 like an explosion.

* Or start with the chainsaw very subliminal and then make it progress and evolve. Perhaps like:

Some more inspiration:

Popey
Competition Winner

20 Mar 2024

How did I not see this back in October!!!

Its raw and industrial, love it

Chizmata

22 Mar 2024

mimidancer wrote:
20 Oct 2023
selig wrote:
20 Oct 2023
That is the microfreak in grains mode with an esq1 vox sample. thanks for listening. I am modulating with 5 lfos from the little lfo. not that anyone cares but as a dork I felt compelled to tell you.
id find it rather weird if people didnt care about stuff like that on a website that is dedicated to the technical side of a DAW.

challism

22 Mar 2024

This is really good. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing. Like Giles said, it lives up to the name. I'm a sucker for industrial and ambient.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

mimidancer

22 Mar 2024

oops, I duplicated please delete.
Last edited by mimidancer on 22 Mar 2024, edited 1 time in total.

mimidancer

22 Mar 2024

Chizmata wrote:
22 Mar 2024
mimidancer wrote:
20 Oct 2023

id find it rather weird if people didnt care about stuff like that on a website that is dedicated to the technical side of a DAW.
Here is a screen grab of my microfreak combinator. I like it. for a cheap synth, the midi implementation is excellent. I have added more buttons to turn off and on the lfos for each knob.(ha i said knob.) But CBA to take another screen grab.
Attachments
12.jpg
12.jpg (173.64 KiB) Viewed 391 times

mimidancer

22 Mar 2024

challism wrote:
22 Mar 2024
This is really good. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing. Like Giles said, it lives up to the name. I'm a sucker for industrial and ambient.
thanks for listening. the world has gone crazy, but I still have music to keep me sane.

mimidancer

22 Mar 2024

TritoneAddiction wrote:
27 Oct 2023
Nice tune. I like the dark mysterious atmosphere. The 303 in the end was nice too.
Gotta spend some more time with Ruina at some point. I tried your tip a few days a go, to feed it some simpler sounds and I did get way better results.
cool. it is a nasty distortion. thanks for listening.

Chizmata

23 Mar 2024

mimidancer wrote:
22 Mar 2024
Chizmata wrote:
22 Mar 2024

Here is a screen grab of my microfreak combinator. I like it. for a cheap synth, the midi implementation is excellent. I have added more buttons to turn off and on the lfos for each knob.(ha i said knob.) But CBA to take another screen grab.
looks like a slim yet functional and effective setup.

mimidancer

23 Mar 2024

Chizmata wrote:
23 Mar 2024
mimidancer wrote:
22 Mar 2024

it allows me to make sounds from my Keylab MK II. The current version of the combi has buttons and another little lfo. I can pick the engine. And shape the found without looking at the tiny screen on the synth. I really love the sound of the filter with the digital osc. I was going to purchase a minifreak(I do have the VST, but the modeled filter is not as good imo) because I love the sound. But I decided to wait. I am hoping for a 61 full-size freak. One thing they did wrong was not allowing external audio to be patched into that sweet filter. I forgot my point so I will just say I love synths.

Chizmata

25 Mar 2024

mimidancer wrote:
23 Mar 2024
Chizmata wrote:
23 Mar 2024

it allows me to make sounds from my Keylab MK II. The current version of the combi has buttons and another little lfo. I can pick the engine. And shape the found without looking at the tiny screen on the synth. I really love the sound of the filter with the digital osc. I was going to purchase a minifreak(I do have the VST, but the modeled filter is not as good imo) because I love the sound. But I decided to wait. I am hoping for a 61 full-size freak. One thing they did wrong was not allowing external audio to be patched into that sweet filter. I forgot my point so I will just say I love synths.
i guess we all do :lol:

• Information