(Electronic, Electronic Rock) Mice in the Infinite Sky

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Eusantis

06 Oct 2023

Hi.

Today I present here the new song for the album in which I keep working. Just finished: "Mice in the Inifinite Sky".

It is built on a previous theme for this project, which I also showed you here, and which I improved following your advice. But the first improvement I made did not satisfy me. In fact, this was a track that had me a little obsessed, because I noticed that I could give more of myself, and it wasn't just because of the sound. The thing is that musically I had not found the key.

Now yes. I am aware that all my songs have a lot of room to improve sonically, and as I have already told you more than once here, I plan to go to a professional studio in the not too distant future so that all this sounds better. But musically I already like this song a lot. It is a song that conveys what I am looking for as a listener of electronic music.

And that is nothing other than that I would like Jean-Michel Jarre to release an album like the ones from before. I don't know how to imitate him, but at a level of evocation I do know what his music conveys, and sometimes I'm better at evoking the same thing. I don't think I've ever gotten as close as I did with this topic. I hope you like it.

All the best!

ChulaCoola

09 Oct 2023

That is a nice song. I really like how that bass near the middle comes out seemingly in a 3-D fashion to my ears without overwhelming me. Really cool!

I am not a fan of Jean-Michel Jarre, as I haven't been much of a synthesizer fan in the past, but that is changing fast. So I couldn't tell you how it sounds in that regard.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

Eusantis

10 Oct 2023

A lot of thanks, ChulaCoola. I really apreciate your words!

Eusantis

16 Oct 2023

"Mice in the Infinite Sky" is now available on all music audio platforms.

This is the first demo version. The studio version will come in 2024, along with the album.

This version is subtly improved in the mix, compared to the one I shared on YouTube.

https://open.spotify.com/intl-es/album/ ... QD-QHwxjeQ

FrankJaeger

16 Oct 2023

Eusantis wrote:
06 Oct 2023

I am aware that all my songs have a lot of room to improve sonically
I don't know about your other tracks but I disagree with your statement for this one. Each instrument sits in its own space while the overall mix has cohesiveness and clarity. I would've preferred more punch in the rhythm/drum section but I'm not familiar enough with this style of music to say what is acceptable for the genre.

Though it's not something I'd listen to casually, I CAN say I enjoyed the 5 or so minutes of runtime which caused me to space out for a little bit. Thanks for sharing.
Midniite Music
My Gear: 2021 Macbook Pro M1/UA Volt 176 Interface/JBL Series 3, 8" Monitors/Akai MPK mini mk3/

Eusantis

19 Oct 2023

Thank you very much, Frank Jaeger. Very important words for me.

bossa
Competition Winner

20 Oct 2023

Usually you would give more pressure to the rhythm section. However, I find exactly your version very discreet in this aspect. It's just a decision that you as a mixer have to decide!

• Information