[TECH HOUSE] CORPORATION

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

01 Oct 2023

It's a Sunday afternoon and evening production for me. First session and uploaded "Corporation".

Straight up tech house club track - kept it super simple and just went tight. All original here... no nicked loops.

Thoughts?
Check my Soundcloud:

mimidancer

02 Oct 2023

Nice vibe. I make all my own loops and parts too. The mix is very clean and the piece has a nice cohesive vibe but is not overwhelmingly repetitive as you nicely evolve the pallet as it progresses.

Mattvank

03 Oct 2023

No Question. This track is boilerroom ready. I am not sure about the clap. This kind sounds agressive compared to the mood of the track.
But vocals, arrangement, groove is well done. :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2023

Sounds good to me. Nice groovy tune. :thumbs_up:

Just curious since I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this genre, could you maybe explain some things that are typical for this genre (tech house)? You don't have to of course, but I'm just interested in learning from someone who's into another style.

danc

06 Oct 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Oct 2023
Just curious since I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to this genre, could you maybe explain some things that are typical for this genre (tech house)? You don't have to of course, but I'm just interested in learning from someone who's into another style.
Oh no... that question that starts massive debates and disagreement!

For me it is simple... Tech House is happy, bright, bouncy, up-beat, groovy and has plenty of vocal hooks and FX. Typically the groove is emphasised by a hat on the off-beats. Whereas Techno is more moody, dark sounding, depends on a repetitive driving beat/rumble/bass-line and if there are vocals they are often distorted/grungy/muffled or if they are clean with just reverb/delay, they are used sparingly. Tech House and House are similar in many ways, but I see Tech House as more precise, harder edged. House is softer and has more harmony/melody.

But, as I said at the beginning, this can be easily debated. Many tracks you hear on Beatport (or wherever) could easily sit in multiple genres and not just one. You can only pick one genre and so I guess it's just as much marketing and sales driven than just what the music sounds like.

If I had my way I'd call everything Electronic and let the listener decide.
Check my Soundcloud:

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

06 Oct 2023

danc wrote:
06 Oct 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
06 Oct 2023
Oh no... that question that starts massive debates and disagreement!

For me it is simple... Tech House is happy, bright, bouncy, up-beat, groovy and has plenty of vocal hooks and FX. Typically the groove is emphasised by a hat on the off-beats. Whereas Techno is more moody, dark sounding, depends on a repetitive driving beat/rumble/bass-line and if there are vocals they are often distorted/grungy/muffled or if they are clean with just reverb/delay, they are used sparingly. Tech House and House are similar in many ways, but I see Tech House as more precise, harder edged. House is softer and has more harmony/melody.

But, as I said at the beginning, this can be easily debated. Many tracks you hear on Beatport (or wherever) could easily sit in multiple genres and not just one. You can only pick one genre and so I guess it's just as much marketing and sales driven than just what the music sounds like.

If I had my way I'd call everything Electronic and let the listener decide.
I didn't know it was a sensitive topic for some. :puf_smile:

Thanks for the breakdown on the different types. It was very concise and helpful. :thumbs_up:

danc

12 Oct 2023

Mattvank wrote:
03 Oct 2023
No Question. This track is boilerroom ready. I am not sure about the clap. This kind sounds agressive compared to the mood of the track.
But vocals, arrangement, groove is well done. :)
"Boiler-room ready" - thanks for massive positive response!

Regarding the clap being aggressive, which one (as there are a few used in different places) and where?
Check my Soundcloud:

Popey
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2023

pretty phat Dan C.

really great production and tune...banger

• Information