(Chiptunes) - Full Album

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

15 Aug 2023

I finally took the time to gather all my old chiptunes from 2013-2015.
These are all made with Thor and and Subtractor. I used Thor for all the note based sounds and Subtractor for the drums. It's like a collection of mini tunes.
What I like about writing chiptunes is that there's basically no production or sound design to rely on, so you really have to go all in on writing catchy melodies to create something interesting.

Personal favorites are probably "The Scientist" and "The Wanderer".

If you like a particular song or want the full album, it's free to download.

modecca

16 Aug 2023

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

16 Aug 2023

modecca wrote:
16 Aug 2023
It's not every day you see someone dance to a chiptune. :D
Nice moves!

modecca

16 Aug 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Aug 2023
modecca wrote:
16 Aug 2023
Nice moves!
Definitely a suitable genre for cardio. I would like to think “the one” has now birthed 2 dance moves:
“mad dog on a leash” & “ pushin the shoppn cart.”
After I finished that one, I had an idea I had to try in regards haunted house…

🔗💥

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

18 Aug 2023

modecca wrote:
16 Aug 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
16 Aug 2023

Nice moves!
Definitely a suitable genre for cardio. I would like to think “the one” has now birthed 2 dance moves:
“mad dog on a leash” & “ pushin the shoppn cart.”
After I finished that one, I had an idea I had to try in regards haunted house…

I feel like the darkness of the video leaves the viewer to imagine things on their own. Definitely fits with the spooky theme.
I could swear the curtains behaved strangely at one time. I don't know what sort of ghostly trickery was going on there.
Nice ending. :thumbs_up:

modecca

19 Aug 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
18 Aug 2023

I feel like the darkness of the video leaves the viewer to imagine things on their own. Definitely fits with the spooky theme.
I could swear the curtains behaved strangely at one time. I don't know what sort of ghostly trickery was going on there.
Glad you approve of what I am doing with these lol. You really have no clue what kind of effect your art will have on people.
One thing I never anticipate with these, is shortly after I am done, another "must try" idea pops in my head. I gotta say "my own little planet" brought out my inner Michael Jackson. I'll probably end up breaking my neck if I do any more of these ( death by dance).

🔗💥

hamsterfactor

19 Aug 2023

Sweet, I love chiptunes! Thanks! :thumbup:
TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Aug 2023
:reason: Suite 11  |  :reason: 12 perpetual license  |  :re::refill: |  macOS Ventura  |  Mac Studio M1 Max

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2023

modecca wrote:
19 Aug 2023
TritoneAddiction wrote:
18 Aug 2023

Glad you approve of what I am doing with these lol. You really have no clue what kind of effect your art will have on people.
One thing I never anticipate with these, is shortly after I am done, another "must try" idea pops in my head. I gotta say "my own little planet" brought out my inner Michael Jackson. I'll probably end up breaking my neck if I do any more of these ( death by dance).

Yes you're right, once you release a piece of art into the world, it's not up to you anymore how it's gonna be perceived.
Glad you're having fun with the chiptunes. :puf_smile:

I just released a new EP yesterday. It's called "Unknown Species". It's a 4 track project where the theme was to create music inspired by one image, the album cover. I'm quite happy with it.
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7532342

Before that I released another mini album "Revival" where I fully and unapologetically went back to my Prodigy roots as a kid. It contains some not so subtle influences from their early discography. :puf_smile:
It's on my Bandcamp page as well, in case you've gotten over your fear of drums. :-)

So 2023 has been a year of bigger projects so far, rather than just individual songs, which is something I haven't done in a looong time. But man, making projects does take more energy for sure. So I've decided I'm gonna take a break from music making for a while. Recharge those batteries a bit. Perhaps focus my creative attention on drawing for a while to switch things up.
Last edited by TritoneAddiction on 20 Aug 2023, edited 1 time in total.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2023

hamsterfactor wrote:
19 Aug 2023
Sweet, I love chiptunes! Thanks! :thumbup:
TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Aug 2023
Glad you like it. :puf_smile:

ChulaCoola

22 Aug 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
15 Aug 2023
These are all made with Thor and and Subtractor. I used Thor for all the note based sounds and Subtractor for the drums. It's like a collection of mini tunes.
What I like about writing chiptunes is that there's basically no production or sound design to rely on, so you really have to go all in on writing catchy melodies to create something interesting.

Personal favorites are probably "The Scientist" and "The Wanderer".

If you like a particular song or want the full album, it's free to download.

Tritone, Wow! I like those chip tunes. Those are very creative.
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

23 Aug 2023

ChulaCoola wrote:
22 Aug 2023
Thanks. I had fun making them.

ChulaCoola

23 Aug 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
23 Aug 2023
ChulaCoola wrote:
22 Aug 2023
Thanks. I had fun making them.
I can tell you did!
Music lover/explorer extraordinaire, guitar player fair, and still have my hair at 60.

popnapp

09 Sep 2023

Wow!
I am just the right age to have a sweet spot in my brain with lots of heartfelt memories of long nights with the C64, good games and tons of great chip tunes. Continued fome many years with the Amiga and even more tons of very good chip tunes.

So when I finally found the time to listen to all of these tunes of yours I was constantly blown away. So many great ideas, melodies, clever chords, swinging arpeggios, .... it's marvelous!

I am really amazed. As if I stumbled upon a hidden treasure of long lost tunes by the masters of old times, like Jeroen Tel or Rob Hubbard. Just in the style of one of my all time favorite game music : Amiga version of "Bionic Commando" by Tim Follin.

Maybe I get too excited, too emotional here. "Just relax", I tell myself. "Listen to this masterpiece once again, and again."

Thanks for this great ride down memory lane with fresh and just great tunes! Well done!

40 minutes later: listend to it again, enjoyed it even more, found my favorite tune: 04 Lazy. So cool!

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Sep 2023

popnapp wrote:
09 Sep 2023
Wow!
I am just the right age to have a sweet spot in my brain with lots of heartfelt memories of long nights with the C64, good games and tons of great chip tunes. Continued fome many years with the Amiga and even more tons of very good chip tunes.

So when I finally found the time to listen to all of these tunes of yours I was constantly blown away. So many great ideas, melodies, clever chords, swinging arpeggios, .... it's marvelous!

I am really amazed. As if I stumbled upon a hidden treasure of long lost tunes by the masters of old times, like Jeroen Tel or Rob Hubbard. Just in the style of one of my all time favorite game music : Amiga version of "Bionic Commando" by Tim Follin.

Maybe I get too excited, too emotional here. "Just relax", I tell myself. "Listen to this masterpiece once again, and again."

Thanks for this great ride down memory lane with fresh and just great tunes! Well done!

40 minutes later: listend to it again, enjoyed it even more, found my favorite tune: 04 Lazy. So cool!
Thanks. Glad you enjoyed the tracks.
It was kind of a weird project. At three different occasions I made these mini albums with these chiptunes. I worked really fast. In total I probably spent 5 weeks on all these tracks combined. That's not my normal rate of song releases for sure, but the super simple production style made that possible.

I was actually never really a C64 gamer. But I spent A LOT of hours with the Amiga 500 as a kid. That period definitely left a mark. :puf_smile:

Again if you like the tunes, feel free to download them if you're into that kind of thing.

• Information