[Techno] DRINK YER DRINK

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
danc

11 Aug 2023

Another 138bpm number. Wanted to give this an African deep-groove party feel.

Used my Jupiter 80 for log drums and tone-wheel organ. Layered with both 909 and 808 to drive the beat.

Thoughts?
Check my Soundcloud:

Quarmat
Competition Winner

12 Aug 2023

The vibe is very interesting. The organ repeated pattern that is going on no matter what is very african, very believable. I love the log drums, super grovvy, i especially like the bit at 0:30. The track somehow fails to take off, I mean: there's no climax, no refrain/drop/chorus one can hook to ride the track, but for the vibe only I still think is a very good track, and I am always impressed on how much stuff you seem able to realease at such speeds!

danc

12 Aug 2023

Quarmat wrote:
12 Aug 2023
The vibe is very interesting. The organ repeated pattern that is going on no matter what is very african, very believable. I love the log drums, super grovvy, i especially like the bit at 0:30. The track somehow fails to take off, I mean: there's no climax, no refrain/drop/chorus one can hook to ride the track, but for the vibe only I still think is a very good track, and I am always impressed on how much stuff you seem able to realease at such speeds!
Cool feedback - thank you. Totally agree about taking off and refrain/drop - this is v1 and will come back for session 2 to give it more structure (a story).
Check my Soundcloud:

• Information