(DnB) Project Firestarta

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Marc64

12 Jul 2023

Made some DnB and added some Prodigy - Firestarter vocal just for fun and it fits pretty good.
Not sure how to continue on this atm ...

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

12 Jul 2023

Sounds good. It has a nice drive and puts me in a good mood. :thumbs_up:

In my very subjective opinion your track has a strong personality already. It can stand on its own legs without having to borrow vocals from Firestarter. The vocal is somewhat demented/crazy in its nature which I don't feel the rest of the music is. Imo the best part about the song is the bits you wrote, not the vocal.
But if that clashes with your vision for the track you should of course keep it as it is.

I hear a catchy uplifting melody coming up next. :puf_smile:

Marc64

13 Jul 2023

Yeah you're right about the vocal, was trying something :)
I will see where this one takes me :)

Chizmata

13 Jul 2023

Marc64 wrote:
12 Jul 2023
Made some DnB and added some Prodigy - Firestarter vocal just for fun and it fits pretty good.

this piece has such a piercing irony it made me chuckle. those rather uneffected, happy melodies with the rhytmically totally offset firestarter sample :D

Marc64

13 Jul 2023

Chizmata wrote:
13 Jul 2023
Marc64 wrote:
12 Jul 2023

this piece has such a piercing irony it made me chuckle. those rather uneffected, happy melodies with the rhytmically totally offset firestarter sample :D
What do you mean by piercing irony? :)

Marc64

15 Jul 2023

Made a short preview of the track that is soon to be finished :)
Removed the vocals and added other elements :)

Thousand Ways

16 Jul 2023

I agree that the first mix didn't need Keith Flint. The music sounds very European, while that vocal is synonymous with 1996 UK big beat. The vocal is loaded with too many associations from that period and that type of music to easily fit with anything else. For me, anyway.

Although the first mix has the kick and snare pattern that you'd expect with drum 'n' bass, the music reminds me more of Italo disco. The lead synth added to the second mix also suggests that genre. Just a thought.

Jagwah

17 Jul 2023

Really trippy I like how you worked on the vocal sample to make it fit and it does fit in a really unexpected way. Ain't nobody heard nufin like that before :thumbup:

*Edit - the new direction it took sounds great!!

Marc64

18 Jul 2023

Thousand Ways wrote:
16 Jul 2023
I agree that the first mix didn't need Keith Flint. The music sounds very European, while that vocal is synonymous with 1996 UK big beat. The vocal is loaded with too many associations from that period and that type of music to easily fit with anything else. For me, anyway.

Although the first mix has the kick and snare pattern that you'd expect with drum 'n' bass, the music reminds me more of Italo disco. The lead synth added to the second mix also suggests that genre. Just a thought.
yeah thats why i call it dnb synthwave :)

Marc64

18 Jul 2023

Jagwah wrote:
17 Jul 2023
Really trippy I like how you worked on the vocal sample to make it fit and it does fit in a really unexpected way. Ain't nobody heard nufin like that before :thumbup:

*Edit - the new direction it took sounds great!!
Will be a single someday :)

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jul 2023

I like the latest version you posted. Seems you've found the perfect direction for it.
Make sure you post the final version when it's done.

Marc64

19 Jul 2023

TritoneAddiction wrote:
19 Jul 2023
I like the latest version you posted. Seems you've found the perfect direction for it.
Make sure you post the final version when it's done.
Will do, will be a single release though :)

• Information