[Soundtrack] Neelam Palace (100% Objekt track)

This forum is for sharing your Reason creations with the rest of the community. If you post a song expecting feedback please take time to leave some for others.
Forum rules
Remember to begin your thread subject with a genre, ie.: (Hiphop) New instrumental
Quarmat
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2023

Hello there, this is my first 100% Objekt track and the one I am submitting for the #ObjektChallenge.

I designed a few patches from scratch (the main lead and the strings) and modified others (the hi-hats, the guitar, some plucks). I also used only reason stock/R+ effects and utilities/players, no REs from other developers and no VSTs. The breakdown at 2:00 is the main theme (so 100% Objekt) loaded and sliced by Mimic and then its output runs into another Objekt for further modulation (rules say you can use audio but it has to run thru Objekt, in my case is an Objekt inception of some kind).

I hope you might like it and if you have te time to listen and also provide some critique and advice I would be very grateful.

Have a nice day!

Reminiscence

16 Jun 2023

uplifting tume, reminds me of mario bros. :)

though the volume of certain elements tend to be too high or loud - it jumped at me unsurprisingly where I felt slightly an overload of frequencies clashing at important segments of the song.

it's still cool, just my 2 cents - good luck. :D

Quarmat
Competition Winner

16 Jun 2023

Reminiscence wrote:
16 Jun 2023
uplifting tume, reminds me of mario bros. :)

though the volume of certain elements tend to be too high or loud - it jumped at me unsurprisingly where I felt slightly an overload of frequencies clashing at important segments of the song.

it's still cool, just my 2 cents - good luck. :D
Thank you for listening and for the feedback! I just revised the mix and reupladed the track, following yout advice I tamed some of the harsher and louder elements.

minihilly

20 Jun 2023

Not sure what it is, but something about the tone of the bass bothers me, it feels too "boxy" sometimes (sorry I realize that's not very helpful feedback...).
Other than that, fantastic work. Love the plucky synths and the little string swells sound great, how did you achieve that in Objekt??

Quarmat
Competition Winner

22 Jun 2023

minihilly wrote:
20 Jun 2023
Not sure what it is, but something about the tone of the bass bothers me, it feels too "boxy" sometimes (sorry I realize that's not very helpful feedback...).
I purposely increased the volume of the mid-high bass range to enhance the organic, plucked timbre of Objekt's patch, and I also added a trickle of harmonic saturation to try to 'join' the aforementioned timbre with the more powerful, sinusoidal parts of the lower register. I may have gone too far, but all in all I liked the sound, but it is also true that my ears are tired of the mix and so I am no longer able to judge. Thanks for the feedback though - it's always invaluable to have a fresh pair of ears at your disposal!
minihilly wrote:
20 Jun 2023
Other than that, fantastic work. Love the plucky synths and the little string swells sound great, how did you achieve that in Objekt??
Thank you very much! I got the string patch (I'm going from memory) by using the templates "Chordal" for modal and "String 01" for objekt, but the big difference is that I used in the exciter section a pluck with a bit of diffusion mixed with a rustling noise to simulate the bow's attack and then its flow on the strings. In addition to this I programmed an LFO whose rate is scaled by a descending curve that slightly modifies pitch and volume to simulate a slight tremolo and vibrato. And the rest is effects: verb, chorus, haas, etc.

Thanks for listening and for the feedback!

minihilly

22 Jun 2023

Quarmat wrote:
22 Jun 2023
Thanks for listening and for the feedback!
No problem. Take my feedback on the bass tone with a grain of salt as the tone of my submission was so bad that I've since pulled it out of sheer embarrassment. I barely know what I'm talking about, ha ha. Anyway, I love how you did the strings, that's a creative solution that sounds great too.

Best of luck with your submission.

strangers
Competition Winner

23 Jun 2023

It's really interesting hearing how different all of the Objekt songs are. Sounds like you were very creative with the patches you made. There's so many good stock presets that I've yet to even attempt creating or modifying my own. Really nice work with the chords, too. Great song and entry for the contest all around.

Jagwah

23 Jun 2023

Really cool and thought provoking, your stuff always trips me out Quarmat. Nice sound design to make it 100% Objekt, nice one :thumbup:

summon.exe

24 Jun 2023

this is really funky! nice job!

Quarmat
Competition Winner

24 Jun 2023

minihilly wrote:
22 Jun 2023
No problem. Take my feedback on the bass tone with a grain of salt as the tone of my submission was so bad that I've since pulled it out of sheer embarrassment. I barely know what I'm talking about, ha ha. Anyway, I love how you did the strings, that's a creative solution that sounds great too.
Best of luck with your submission.
strangers wrote:
23 Jun 2023
It's really interesting hearing how different all of the Objekt songs are. Sounds like you were very creative with the patches you made. There's so many good stock presets that I've yet to even attempt creating or modifying my own. Really nice work with the chords, too. Great song and entry for the contest all around.
Jagwah wrote:
23 Jun 2023
Really cool and thought provoking, your stuff always trips me out Quarmat. Nice sound design to make it 100% Objekt, nice one :thumbup:
summon.exe wrote:
24 Jun 2023
this is really funky! nice job!
thank you so much guys! It encourages me a lot.

wowhow
Competition Winner

25 Jun 2023

I love the keys and the overall feeling of the song!

• Information